• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Savage truth.

Tug

Quick Street run with the Big Joes, considering they're not taped, they did really well, very little ballooning that I could see. The car seemed faster than with the taller Trencher X's! I'm going to try a set of Chevrons, probably Traxxas, as they're tough, work on any surface and are smaller at 30 series.

The servo splitter arrived today, so I've now got both fans running, the ESC fan and the motor fan. The motor touched 50C, the ESC 35C, so all good.

I've ordered the Traxxas ESC mounting bracket, now that I'm happy with the general layout of the electrics, it's time to clamp the ESC down properly.

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will try to get some footage.

Latazz folks. :)

• Like 2

The shocks were getting battered when used on road, so I've ordered a wheelie bar and will probably use a shell too. Just for on road, shouldn't get so much damage that way.

Motor is fine. ESC is holding up, but if it fails, I'll go HW Xerun.

No vid from the weekend as the Budget-Maxx suffered a Castle failure, so spent the afternoon fixing that.

I'll get back on it soon enough.

Quick run in the street with an old shell I had in the parts bin. Still no wheelie bar (it's in the post) so when I did throttle it too hard, she just slid along on the lid, so no damage! She did leave a nice trail of sparks from the body pins though!

I reckon speed is perfect, she doesn't need to go any faster. I'll not be attaching my phone again!

She's still wearing the Big Joes, these are OK, but do cause her to wallow around quite a bit. For better agility I've got some Truggy boots that'll improve handling, they just won't look as good.

Im still running mine on hpi nubz atm although theyre going im keeping to to truggy style as they lighten it up and adds a bit of handling to aswell fella and tbh they dont look that out of place on the x version although my xl version is in the post

Im still running mine on hpi nubz atm although theyre going im keeping to to truggy style as they lighten it up and adds a bit of handling to aswell fella and tbh they dont look that out of place on the x version although my xl version is in the post

Yeah, I've used Truggy boots on my Maxx trucks, much better handling as there's less rubber and more rim, so less flexing around. I might treat myself to a set of Badlands mounted on off-set rims, but I don't want too much grip or it'll keep rolling over! So far she's been fairly good and not grip-rolling at all.

The Savvy platform is really growing on me! With the CD you just mash the throttle and go! No squirreling off the line, she just lifts her nose to sniff the air, hunkers down on her haunches and shoots for the horizon! Truggyesque, but with character!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

good vid mate and only one roll over :D

Cheers! It feels weird talking to the camera and it's not easy to keep the verbal flow going. I kept tripping over my own words!

I'll probably do one for the Super 5sc flux, that's been a fun journey and is definitely worth talking about, preferably without............stalling! ;)