• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bacon

rawalker666

After a lengthy discussion with my butcher on the very important subject off bacon thought u would put it to you lot what is best

Smoked or unsmoked

Streaky or back

Grilled or fried

For me it's smoked streaky fried for my breakfast in a morning and must be fatty nothing to lean

It cant be any bacon either, the stuff out of packets is pretty flavorless compared to stuff from the meat counter/butcher. 

My preference is smoked back bacon grilled so the fat is just brown without making the rest of the rasher crispy . However any bacon is better than no bacon :good:

• Like 1

Prefer smoked back and grilled although any would do, BUT, I once witnessed the sacrilege of bacon being put in a microwave, needless to say, strong words were had. The baby Jesus wanted us mortals to revere bacon in all it's greatness, that's why it was the first thing he invented, followed by black pudding, a grill and a frying pan.

Smoked, back, excess fat removed, grilled.

There's a butcher in Whitby who has his bacon smoked in the kipper sheds, adds a unique favour, takes no more than a minute per side to grill. Simply gorgeous :)

I like my Bacon to be ........... 

running round a field making a mess and turning over the soil  ...... 

rofl i aint got no teeth so bacon is best in the field alive and snorting.

Oh lord wont you buy me some unsmoked bacon

my friends all eat streaky i must make amen's

i do love thy ketchup but daddys is my friend, oh Lord wont you buy me some unsmoked BACON

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

If you really want one off the best things to do with bacon chop it up into small chunks and put it in your yorkshire pudding trays while you heat your oil then put pud mix in when almost cooked and you get bits off bacon in your yorkshire puds

Same thing can be done with small chunks off black pudding too

Best use for bacon................................

Wrap it round some more pork based material. Yes the humble sausage becomes the king of foods once wrapped in a blanket.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pigs in blankets  :drool:  :droolingeyes: 

Best use for bacon................................

Wrap it round some more pork based material. Yes the humble sausage becomes the king of foods once wrapped in a blanket.

haggis wrapped in chicken breast then wrapped in bacon :dribble: