• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do you display your shelf queens

Thorpey69

Looking for ideas to display my re sandscorcher and wild willy,have got permission to display them in the living room so I can admire their beauty daily,however I want them to be displayed neatly and on some type of bracket.

I'm after seeing how others display their shelf queens,so please show me your pride and joys.

Two glass display cabinets, rotate the tyres weekly to avoid flat spotting, and dust as required, the benefit of a closed cabinet. Looking into making stands, simply to maximise display space available, as the shelves are fixed to accommodate other plastic stuff I display...

• Like 1

Haven't got any room for shelves!

Wherever I can store them when not in use ... then after use, I dry, clean an keep out of the way of the baby, ready for the next time.

Most are in the '3rd bedroom' aka shoebox, or office.

Smaller ones are on top of shelving - MERV, 1/18  and 1/36 Raminators.

Al.

• 5 months later...

hi guys i have manged to get my own house after being evicted on thursday so looking for something to put my cars on, Noj you got a link for the cabinet please?

i know this is fairly old post but thought no point in making a thread when there is one already :)

Perspex coffee table / side board or something. I just put mine in the pantry slash junk cubburd who has pantrys now anyway lol. My Mrs still whines winges and digs at me tho. My next and last compromise will be storage containers in the pantry.

She wants them in the shed but last year I ran an fg the next day shed door wide open. Hopefully the spiders attacked full force thats all thats in there.

Edited by RCbutcher

Two glass display cabinets, rotate the tyres weekly to avoid flat spotting, and dust as required, the benefit of a closed cabinet. Looking into making stands, simply to maximise display space available, as the shelves are fixed to accommodate other plastic stuff I display...

Agreed,and a microfibre cloth to dust them down with - Make sure it's done in certain directions to aviod the edges of the decals lifting ^_^

Haven't got any room for shelves!

Wherever I can store them when not in use ... then after use, I dry, clean an keep out of the way of the baby, ready for the next time.

Most are in the '3rd bedroom' aka shoebox, or office.

Smaller ones are on top of shelving - MERV, 1/18  and 1/36 Raminators.

Al.

I've now moved house, but the garage / man cave's still a mess.

I DO have shelves now - this is where they live when not in use - alarmed of course!

Al.

I don't do shelf queens either, but when i've finished building the Losi, it'll be on display in the front room/dining room on a stand between races.

Now if i could just get round to buying and building a Tamiya lorry, then that would live in the front room because the trailer would double up as a dvd storage unit lol.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 2

Can always just get some axle stands or have them sat on some wheels and tyres.

Mine mostly sit without any wheels and tyres at all, but then again, mine are really shelfers because they're built to be strong, not look good lol.

I do however have an old CEN GX1 which isn't exactly a classic, or even nice, but hasn't been run for years and is in new condition, that's about as close as I get to a shelfer lol.

Closest I've got is Frank the Tank and the recently retired Miper, although that's still in the boot of the Myfennium Falcon.