• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where do you guys 'work' on your cars?

maesterio

Live in a flat so its dining room table for me normally when eldest boy is in bed,as if I get cars out when he's around he likes to get involved, which is pretty good he shows an interest but sometimes its a pain as when your concentrating he ends up touching things he shouldn't.

Sometimes I get his maverick ion out and give him a wheel spanner and he's happy taking wheels on and off.

When I'm not working on them I've got the boiler cupboard in the hall with cabinets in to store everything.

My Hyper is currently getting rebuilt in my bedroom on the dresser next to the xbox.

Normally it's the dining table for anything apart from the Baja, that is worked on in the shed on the freezer top, or if it's sunny, then out on the garden table.

• 5 months later...

I have the choice of 3 places. On my desk, generally mini scale models, can happily fit a 1/10 but if I am tearing it down I can get short on space fast. If it's a bit bigger I tend to do it an a large table I have in another that is mostly where I meet with people for work and what not, as well as play 40K on it so its rather large. If it flies I have to work on it in the loft. There is a massive amount of space up there it's just a bit of a pain taking models up and down, plus it can get cold in the winter. It is a good place to hide cars though, the SO doesn't really know how many I have. 

It's the summer hols, so no kids in work and my desk is covered in car bits.... I just reach over them when I need to user the keyboard / mouse.