• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A warning about sending RC cars with myhermes

Bigjimknickers

parcel2go aren't a courier, they are merely a broker so the staff you've had problems with arent't theirs.

My bad, I meant yodel. I just used parcel2go to book them. 

Court action is the same thing I have threatened hobby king with, but they are based out in hong kong / china so they dont give a rats ass. I paid them a month ago for a order & still is marked as unpaid. No response to emails & dumb responses to live chat. 

Edited by maesterio

I have a friend who works for hermes.

All the drivers are sub contractors.

Your van has to be no more than 5 years old.

You can only have a van in certain colours.

If your van is broken, you have to rent one.

If you are sick, you have to find someone to cover your route.

You get paid 74p per delivery, if the person is not in, and you can't find somewhere to leave the parcel, you don't get paid.

You will deliver anywhere from 60 to 200 parcels per day.

Pete works around 13 hours per day, after expenses ect, he makes around

Edited by bigoggy

I have a friend who works for hermes.

All the drivers are sub contractors.

Your van has to be no more than 5 years old.

You can only have a van in certain colours.

If your van is broken, you have to rent one.

If you are sick, you have to find someone to cover your route.

You get paid 74p per delivery, if the person is not in, and you can't find somewhere to leave the parcel, you don't get paid.

You will deliver anywhere from 60 to 200 parcels per day.

Pete works around 13 hours per day, after expenses ect, he makes around

The delivery driver in my area has changed, used to be a lady with an estate car but now have another lady that has a van.

Had to laugh when i had parcel collected by the original one, it was a big parcel that wasn't far short of maximum size and she had a load of parcels already in the car plus 2 kids in the back because it was school holidays. She had to rearrange all the parcels she had including placing some on kids laps so mine could fit in :xd:

I'm struggling to deal with these f ing idiots, I've sent them the receipt for the refund to Kev & they now say it's not good enough they want it sent as a file attachment? WTF? I wouldn't know where to begin? It looks like they make it as difficult as possible as I now have no way of doing this.

The fun will begin if you do attempt to go to court.... That's when you will fall foul of contract law.

In simple terms, as the recipient of the parcel, you have no rights at all. Especially in a case of non receipt. The sender has entered into a contract with MyHermes to deliver a parcel from addresss A to address B. They can sue for breach of contract as tehy have a contract, as laid out in the terms and conditions which the carrier had to make available in some shape of form at the point of sale. Whether it was read or not....those T&Cs are the basis for the contract.

As the recipient of the parcel, your only grounds for recourse is with the seller...who yuo have entered into a contract with. Only thing he can do for you is to offer a refund, as he has not got another 'product' to supply you.

The seller needs to be taking them to court....not the recipient of the goods. Otherwise....your case will just fall apart as you cannot actually prove you have any losses as a result. You've had a refund...so you are not out of pocket.

You cannot prove theft ( bet the Police didn't do anything ) as you cannot actually prove the delivery agent ever had the parcel in the first place. If they say they left it outside your house....that's an admission of incompetance, but not of theft. Unless they actually get caught with the items, theft is virtually impossible to make stick.

Kev needs to take them to court. That will get him his money back, as he is the one who has lost out, and the loss results from MyHermes failing in their duty of care. If they have then failed to compensate ( read the terms and conditions to see what they are actually required to do, and if there is a time-scale involved) as per their contract, then the court will support the case and they will have to pay up, plus expenses.

How did you send it to them mate?

If it was a PayPal refund then I think you will be able to go onto PayPal and download a copy of the receipt, this will then be saved as a file (probably a PDF file) on your computer which you then attach to your email back to myhermes.

The fun will begin if you do attempt to go to court.... That's when you will fall foul of contract law.

In simple terms, as the recipient of the parcel, you have no rights at all. Especially in a case of non receipt. The sender has entered into a contract with MyHermes to deliver a parcel from addresss A to address B. They can sue for breach of contract as tehy have a contract, as laid out in the terms and conditions which the carrier had to make available in some shape of form at the point of sale. Whether it was read or not....those T&Cs are the basis for the contract.

As the recipient of the parcel, your only grounds for recourse is with the seller...who yuo have entered into a contract with. Only thing he can do for you is to offer a refund, as he has not got another 'product' to supply you.

The seller needs to be taking them to court....not the recipient of the goods. Otherwise....your case will just fall apart as you cannot actually prove you have any losses as a result. You've had a refund...so you are not out of pocket.

You cannot prove theft ( bet the Police didn't do anything ) as you cannot actually prove the delivery agent ever had the parcel in the first place. If they say they left it outside your house....that's an admission of incompetance, but not of theft. Unless they actually get caught with the items, theft is virtually impossible to make stick.

Kev needs to take them to court. That will get him his money back, as he is the one who has lost out, and the loss results from MyHermes failing in their duty of care. If they have then failed to compensate ( read the terms and conditions to see what they are actually required to do, and if there is a time-scale involved) as per their contract, then the court will support the case and they will have to pay up, plus expenses.

I think you may have got your knickers in a twist as BJK was the seller  :thumbsup:

Edited by shdaxner

I find it faintly ridiculous that there's been no reply or any attempt to resolve the issue from Hermes.

This will have repercussions on their business!

Let's hope it gets resolved in a most-correct manner.

Al.

Not kept up with the thread since the first page but did they send you the claims form Jim? If not, I have copies of the form you need to fill in.  

They told me it takes upto 28 WORKING days for them to process it but said earlier, I ended up waiting 3 months before seeing a penny from them. 

Not kept up with the thread since the first page but did they send you the claims form Jim? If not, I have copies of the form you need to fill in.  

They told me it takes upto 28 WORKING days for them to process it but said earlier, I ended up waiting 3 months before seeing a penny from them.

I've filled in that form online, they want proof of my payment now, so I'm trying to send it via snail mail, all there doing now is answering every email with the same one, if I had hair I'd be pulling it out, there really winding me up.

Thanks for the offer though.

I sent my paypal receipt to there office (thanks saabmania) with a cover note & I finally got a refund offer yesterday, I told them my bank details & am now waiting for the refund.

Some closure, but I'd still rather never use these again & I'll always be sure everything is insured over

I sent my paypal receipt to there office (thanks saabmania) with a cover note & I finally got a refund offer yesterday, I told them my bank details & am now waiting for the refund.

Some closure, but I'd still rather never use these again & I'll always be sure everything is insured over

My only experience with Hermes was receiving a banana shaped piece of vintage hifi equipment. It shouldn't of been banana shaped :( and was otherwise mint. Such a shame.

The force required to do that kind of damage must of been incredible.

Never again if I can avoid it.