• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Possible ramp for bashes?

Lakie

Just seen this ramp on the Bay & thought it'd be good for our bashes.

Made from plastic so should be pretty light weight & suitable for BMX's & skateboards so should be RC friendly even for the Baja's!

105mm Long x 710mm Wide x 300mm High.  135

Someone brought one along to bash once. Pretty identical to that. You won't get much air from it as its not steep enough.

I would think it'd be plenty big enough for 1/5 scale as not looking to shoot to the skies!

Also it's pretty much the only ramp I've seen that is wide enough for the big boys!

Depends how high you wanna go. But yeah like you say 1/5 you don't wanna be going to high. If its the same as the brought along on our bash Matt27roy was putting his baja 5sc up it and was getting about 4 - 5ft max height.

How about making one. Maybe a fold up design? So it flattens down to go in vehicle and storage.

Depends how high you wanna go. But yeah like you say 1/5 you don't wanna be going to high. If its the same as the brought along on our bash Matt27roy was putting his baja 5sc up it and was getting about 4 - 5ft max height.

How about making one. Maybe a fold up design? So it flattens down to go in vehicle and storage.

4-5ft would give nitroholic an instant heart attack!!!!

Have made ramps before, but they end up a lot heavier than a moulded plastic ramp & would be quite difficult to make as a fold up.  You really need a curved ramp face to get decent air & that doesn't fold too easily.

I'm not saying we should deffo get one, it's just something I found & thought might be good.

4-5ft would give nitroholic an instant heart attack!!!!

Have made ramps before, but they end up a lot heavier than a moulded plastic ramp & would be quite difficult to make as a fold up. You really need a curved ramp face to get decent air & that doesn't fold too easily.

I'm not saying we should deffo get one, it's just something I found & thought might be good.

It may well have been less. Like 3ft. Was a while ago now.

I've got one of those ramps and can quite comfortably get my truggy head height out of it and I'm 5'11".. It's a solid ramp and well worth the money. Plus it won't rot when you leave it in the back yard..

Yeah it's pretty much the same, I need to get another to do as you said and put them side by side for a larger target area.. But yeah you can do the lot with them as the kick is just right.. Front and back flips you name it..

• 2 weeks later...