• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FG Marder still bogging on accelerator

JimO

Had the Marder out at the weekend as i want to sell it.

I still can't get it to accelerate properly.  Sort of works if i build the revs up slowly, but most of the time it makes a funny bogging down noise, like a deep "burrrrrr" sound.

Not sure what to try, am ordering some new plugs incase they are old and past it.

Could it be a problem with the engine, shall i try and get a video.  Its all in great condition apart from this annoying problem and i'd rather sell it working 100%

20130831_131417.jpg

20130831_132107.jpg

Have you tuned it or tried factory settings?

I flipped my marder once then afterwards it wouldn't take off just a deep barrr like you say I think while it was upside down it must of flooded or something because after half hour it was screaming again.

Definitely get a video for the petrol guys.

Check fuel system , air intake , oil mix , tune , gaskets , clutch. Im no expert tho but its just start at the bottom and fault find.

Also what carb and engine is it?

Btw that does look like a good condition marder very nice.

Edited by RCbutcher

Its a standard marder race engine, 26cc, thats all i know.

Its been doing the problem for ages, put it away for a few months and it still does it.

Will get a video for sure, seems the best way to describe it.

I screwed both screws in fully, then undid them by 1.25-1.5 turns, then have tried adjusting the L screw forwards in small bits and also backwards, can't seem to make a difference, although i can hear the engine change sound as i adjust the screw each way, so its doing something.  Not really played with the H screw.

I keep trying to tune the carb, have been back and forth with the setting and still can't sort it.

Would i be daft to take it to a local hobbystores and asking them to fix it?

Nice looking Marder   

Sounds like your carb settings are out - not by much though! 

Go back to factory settings , not forgetting you should only alter them by fractions and not full turns. 

Nice looking Marder   

Sounds like your carb settings are out - not by much though! 

Go back to factory settings , not forgetting you should only alter them by fractions and not full turns. 

Like mine today the plug was slightly undone  :whistling: