• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

From Bridgend, but drive into Cardiff for work.

Just spent a good 45 mins nosing into the tech....there's a lot to get used to, so I'm going to concentrate on the actual driving for a bit first.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

From Bridgend, but drive into Cardiff for work.

Just spent a good 45 mins nosing into the tech....there's a lot to get used to, so I'm going to concentrate on the actual driving for a bit first.

Ah, there you go, we're in Bridgend like once a week (Llantwit here). If you need help with anything, just ask. 

In general, you'll notice fairly quick that most of the tech stuff is actually just to show off to your mates, you never actually use any of it. We have autopilot, autoparking and all that stuff, tried it once, now it's just a party piece to show off to a mate who hasn't seen a car park itself yet. Out of all the tech in our car, the only thing i consistently use is the Sat Nav. 

Curious to hear here how you get on with one (or mostly one) pedal driving, took me a minute to get used to that. 😄

• Like 1

From everything I've read, the MG4 isn't fully one pedal driving, it'll do most of the braking etc but not come to a complete stop  (unless the automatic emergency brake kicks in)

It was a bit busy on the short drive home, but my left foot did want to find the clutch!

All being well, I'll take it for a spin tomorrow and get a few miles under my belt.

Don't fancy a 'virgin' trip on the M4 first thing Monday morning!!

Ta for the offer of help

• Like 1

Yeah, though i do find it stupid to consider a car "not one pedal driving" because it only does it from 99 to 3 mph, for all intents and purposes other than stopping from 3mph to standstill, it's one pedal driving. Not aimed at you, but journalists. If a Humvee with a 9V battery is considered "hybrid", then 99-3mph is one pedal driving. To me, anyway. 

And yeah, best thing to do, just drive about a bit - go shopping in Tesco Culverhouse instead of Tesco Waterton. Or do as i did when we got the GTE - two o'clock in the morning, when you don't disturb anyone when sitting a bit longer at a green traffic light while you're faffing with the infotainment/climate controls (at least down here in Llantwit/Cowbridge, there's just no one about). First time i used autoparking was at like 3am in St. Athan lol. 

And yeah no worries, happy to help if necessary. Have driven a few EVs now. In reality, our wall charger is probably more complicated. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dam @PraetoR muchos respect. One car I adore and very jealous.

This made me chuckle out loud at work - "There was an AMG badge (she's a Cosworth, not an AMG... VERY, EXTREMELY removed)!!"

You just need to make her go like this: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Omg it sits a bit low :rofl:

Nice car tho mate be even better when you get her raised and the faults fixed :good:

Yeah, just a bit! :lol:

Thanks, yeah... she's going to be a stunner. I'm putting a lot into this project.

4 hours ago, totlxtc said:

Dam @PraetoR muchos respect. One car I adore and very jealous.

This made me chuckle out loud at work - "There was an AMG badge (she's a Cosworth, not an AMG... VERY, EXTREMELY removed)!!"

You just need to make her go like this: 

Thank you. Yeah, I love these things. Always have.

Well... I mean... as good as the Cosworth engine is, I'd have to be going some, to get a 2.5l 4-cylinder to go like the Judd V8 in that car!!

I've been admiring that particular 190e, for many, many years.

• Like 1

Them cosworth mercs were awesome machines! I am def a fan of them, that being said i a wee bit biased as my last car was a merc, not to the same pedigree as that though! No idea why that pic is upsides down, its not like at my old house was in Australia 

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0706.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shergar said:

Very nice 👍 It was good enough for Senna after all!  Heres mine, this is how I lowered it 🤣

IMG_0905.thumb.jpeg.cc76bff88665b1a9a3762959cc74897f.jpeg

Like yours and it is (a really unusual)  petrol 4 cylinder!

Well its def 1 way of doing it! 🤣

Edited by wolfie1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

It was with edition 507 wheels, gosh i loved that car, only sold it as we bought a caravan and needed something to tow it as it wasnt homologated for towing  

Very nice. I was considering a C63 instead of the Cosworth, but decided that I had enough money to buy a C63, but not enough to own one!

41 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Very nice. I was considering a C63 instead of the Cosworth, but decided that I had enough money to buy a C63, but not enough to own one!

In all fairness, the car before the merc that i was daily summer driving was actually worse in fuel than the merc, as far as maintenance wise, never cost me a penny in the almost 5 years except servicing and tyres that i had it, so all in it was not a bad car to own, but i have heard horror stories with head bolts stretching and the likes