• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yes , eBay potential scam. One for the mods on here

Pearce

Exactly. All of you suddenly launching Paypal claims about not receiving goods, yet it's only been a day or two since you ordered.

It doesn't matter if he closed his eBay account or not, you should still allow a reasonable amount of time for them to arrive before launching a claim saying they didn't.

I know it seem's very suspicious through what's happened, but you have to take into account the other possibilities before panicking.

you cant put in a claim until after the expected arrival date anyway.

my order was allegedly posted on the 18th , i started a dispute but cant turn it into a claim until the 27th, if my orders comes ill close the dispute

I have had the same message, but as he has lost his records, and only one of my items showing up in ebay, I don't think I'll be receiving much.

If you start a resolution in eBay despite the sellers account being closed down and your item being deleted from your Purchase history, it will still come up in the Resolution process and all records are still with Paypal, so your proof of purchase is still there, all the seller (Ray Munchen) has to do is correspond with eBay and Paypal and cross reference all sales made to his records of items posted, that way he can see what is still left over to post, this process is obviously going to take a bit more time, but either way, no big deal, if you dont receive your item, you get your money back, no loss whatsoever! :thumbsup:

I just hope that this experience has not put him off sellling in the future, because his prices were amazing! It is possible that he had his eBay account closed because he was listed as a private seller and the moment he got those Turnigy Lipos in his sales went absolutely mental, which would mean he would have to be listed as a business seller and if he was a scammer then surely he would not have replied via Paypal resolution, he would be long gone!!

If you start a resolution in eBay despite the sellers account being closed down and your item being deleted from your Purchase history, it will still come up in the Resolution process and all records are still with Paypal, so your proof of purchase is still there, all the seller (Ray Munchen) has to do is correspond with eBay and Paypal and cross reference all sales made to his records of items posted, that way he can see what is still left over to post, this process is obviously going to take a bit more time, but either way, no big deal, if you dont receive your item, you get your money back, no loss whatsoever! :thumbsup:

I just hope that this experience has not put him off sellling in the future, because his prices were amazing! It is possible that he had his eBay account closed because he was listed as a private seller and the moment he got those Turnigy Lipos in his sales went absolutely mental, which would mean he would have to be listed as a business seller and if he was a scammer then surely he would not have replied via Paypal resolution, he would be long gone!!

Possibly, I'm certainly hoping they come as I would rather have the parts I ordered than the money, but only time will tell.

He hasn't posted in my PayPal resolution centre yet, presumably he has a lot to get through and hasn't got around to mine yet.

I still think he's genuine, and as above, I'm hoping I actually get the goods rather than the money back.

Lets all hope that people close the claims onece they get the goods.

If people still claim then the fella is gonna be out of pocket and either stop selling the cheap stuff of just put the prices up

Could be that all those who received message "guys I'm sorting this out" in real terms should read "guys, some of you by now know where I live so I'm sending you this message to buy some time as I need to move out asap. I'm sorting THIS out. Please don't pay me any visits in the next couple of days".

I have no doubts that it was a scam as 2S zippy was the same price as same mah 3S zippy -

Edited by vladimir

I would once again ask people for calm, to wait things out and lastly, but most importantly, to be honest. If the situation is as he states and he posts 1st or second class, then he has no proof of postage. If you do get the items, be sure to cancel any claims, since its going to cost him a lot of money. I would add again that I bought from this chap, spent over 200 paying via paypal but not on ebay and the items arrived quickly as in good condition, hence my stance here of asking people to work with him as much as is reasonably possible.

Indeed, I'm really hoping people will be honest if this guy it telling the truth.

Personally I'm not going to escalate my claim until a week or so have passed, and if it does arrive in the mean time I'll be closing the case straight away.

Anybody who receives their goods but still claims their money back are nothing but thieving scum.

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

I would once again ask people for calm, to wait things out and lastly, but most importantly, to be honest. If the situation is as he states and he posts 1st or second class, then he has no proof of postage. If you do get the items, be sure to cancel any claims, since its going to cost him a lot of money. I would add again that I bought from this chap, spent over 200 paying via paypal but not on ebay and the items arrived quickly as in good condition, hence my stance here of asking people to work with him as much as is reasonably possible.

royal mails proof of delivery costs a whopping 77pence extra

Recorded Signed For
Edited by snoop1050

He would actually have proof of postage as any letter or parcel that you post you are entitled to a proof of postage receipt at no cost, i always do it, we have all just got to be patient and wait, it's going to take a bit longer to receive items because of all this mess with his eBay account being closed down, it would be much better to receive the items but like i said before, no one really loses, if you don't receive your items then you get your dough back! :)

Lots of eBay sellers use untracked royal mail postage, it's not unusual.

Makes sense if you sell socks or used tooth pick but not in his case. 1) He must be REEEAAALY trusting people to ship goods of that kind without proof of postage. Extra few

6 pages and still going strong!

Basically, its either a scam or its legit but its probably a scam but I hope its not but it probably is.

Personally I hope its just a mistake as the seller had some really good stuff that I wanted. It would've really helped keeping my brushless conversion to a less astronomical price!

Oh well, time will tell...

Of course, as a buyer, I want the guy to be legit, but I'm struggling to believe that a scammer could let himself be found so easily! Facebook etc. I still have some faith that he's going to come through.

However, HK don't sell wholesale to anyone, at least they haven't until now? I'm sure they're one of those companies that keep everything in-house, protecting their profits ruthlessly. So if he is legit, how did he get his hands on so much stock at such low prices? And does he want a business partner?

Of course, as a buyer, I want the guy to be legit, but I'm struggling to believe that a scammer could let himself be found so easily! Facebook etc. I still have some faith that he's going to come through.

However, HK don't sell wholesale to anyone, at least they haven't until now? I'm sure they're one of those companies that keep everything in-house, protecting their profits ruthlessly. So if he is legit, how did he get his hands on so much stock at such low prices? And does he want a business partner?

that depends how much money your willing to invest with no questions asked :D
  • Like 1

I bought an item off him over a week ago and checked his feedback before I did and all looked ok. However I checked it again a few days after and like you I saw he'd purchased a few ipads as well as a few external hard drives which is making me think it's looking like a hacked account.