• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Good effort :lol:

Couldn't have got the picture much better to be honest, with all the vapour coming from the engine, clutch and exhaust, that's after I'd carried it across the road lol, 2 minutes before this picture, it was like this.... I should probably stop treating it like the Yeti :rolleyes:

DSC_2448_zpstibbd7ij.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bombercountynick said:

It looks like a cool spot for the large scale trucks, I'll have to have a drive out when the ground dries up don't fancy swamp diving with mine lol. 

I think you're a bit of a drive away lol, but yes it's good, especially when we all go out, myself, my Dad, Nige (my uncle) and Ray (my mate) what's best is, we have permission to be there and when we go to Rays, he owns most of the land in the area, so we have private fields to use and nobody to complain :D

Today I have mostly loading up my credit card so I can go racing...well...turn up as "that idiot with all the gear and no idea" at least! LOL I am also cleaning my Losi Baja Rey, great truck, pain in the bum to clean though! LOL

Bashed the Hyper and the Blitz hard. Hyper has developed an esc problem. Blitz eventually chewed its spur. Even though spurs and drive cups are chewed up at an alarming rate, the change to 3s in the blitz is worth it. Loving the limitless power. 2s wasnt enough to give the truck control in the air...

Once again the Amp Mt performed flawlessly for the lad. An hour of fun and its just below storage on the lipo. alarm works great and cycles through individual cell voltage and total voltage which is handy. 

Maintenance time once again.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noj said:

How did you find it compared to a gasser??

I love the instant power, can't wait to get it off road with decent tyres, it became much more controllable after the packs lost a bit of voltage , I can see why 7s is the sweet spot, 8s and no grip would get boring quickly 

• Like 2

Yesterday I gave the Hooligan it's first run with the Quicrun esc, all was good until the motor shifted slightly and ate the spur.

After thawing out in the car I decided that I'd gone out to bash, so bash I did. Put a pack through Cloddy, mucho smiles, sorry no video. He's a hoot of an MT with no wing in sight.

Finally I popped a 3s pack into the Monster Baja, you might think it crazy to put that much power through a cheap BSD but I couldn't help it! I have to get some footage cos you wouldn't believe me if I told you about the bash!

Today has mostly been spent jacking up the suspension on the D90 and then stripping down the front axle for a clean and rebuild.

5 hours ago, Noj said:

Completed this:

IMG-20170122-WA0002_zpswc442l5b.jpeg

Is that the XB or kit? The XB has gone up 10 Euro since I last looked.

EDIT: Just read your post in the Tamiya thread, good job.

Edited by ChrisT
  • Like 1

not just today but most of the winter i have been tinkering and messing about with my eb4 buggy,,well today i finished the final touches and just gave it a blast on 4s,,
this thing is an absolute animal,the mrs isnot going to be happy as i now deny to having a front lawn atall just a front mud track outside my house,, i dont think this thing even needs 6s as its as nutty as it is but i have to try it on 6s come on lol,cant wait to have some decent weather to bash my cars but hey,thats what winters for,fixing up and making adjustments,,heres the beast,,its not the prettyest of buggys but i dont care its fast as poop,! and thats what i want,after all its only my basher anyway bc6f23f8ff8acdcbe95a5c2672a8b96f.jpg0f06e1b8ca8f80575ced986baf199b98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk