• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

49 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

Depends what you run on I suppose. I lost the little rubber stopper from the one on my blitz and a tiny little stone got in there within half a pack. I run on gravel and sandy grass mostly, with fine dirt during the summer.

I guess I've just been lucky because I run mostly on gravel. Maybe when it strips a spur I'll put my hand in my pocket and replace the cover :D

16 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I guess I've just been lucky because I run mostly on gravel. Maybe when it strips a spur I'll put my hand in my pocket and replace the cover :D

Having said that. it may have been the fact that the cover as there as the stone couldn't get out. I shelled out for a whole new gearbox for mine as I wanted spares. Came with the rubber stopper.  Believe i payed 30 quid.

• Like 1

Took the wr8 out for a casual bash. Ended up blowing out 4 wheel bearings, snapped 3 body posts and snapped a rear body mount.

don't regret it one bit! Had a lot of fun!

• Like 2

Just now, Brandon said:

Took the wr8 out for a casual bash. Ended up blowing out 4 wheel bearings, snapped 3 body posts and snapped a rear body mount.

Go hard or go home, 

Sometimes you're just having way too much fun for mechanical sympathy to step in to the equation :lol:

Go hard or go home, 

Sometimes you're just having way too much fun for mechanical sympathy to step in to the equation :lol:

You got that right! If you don't break anything then you're not really having fun :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Brandon said:
3 hours ago, Brandon said:

You got that right! If you don't break anything then you're not really having fun :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's usually the case, I just got back in from an afternoon out. Didn't have any breakages today just lost a lot of screws?! 

Steering wobble! +  lost a grub screw from my brake/throttle linkage, not before i'd had a good run though!

30534526164_065f3167a4_b.jpgoops by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 1

That's usually the case, I just got back in from an afternoon out. Didn't have any breakages today just lost a lot of screws?! 

Steering wobble! +  lost a grub screw from my brake/throttle linkage, not before i'd had a good run though!

30534526164_065f3167a4_b.jpgoops by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

That will buff out [emoji23] the hobby can be a pain sometimes but it is all worth it until you smash into a curb or tree :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That will buff out emoji23.png the hobby can be a pain sometimes but it is all worth it until you smash into a curb or tree :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's all good fun!!!

No better way to spend your day's off work :)

31357909295_95c7460479_b.jpg1st of the month bash by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31213604032_a0e887d4d6_b.jpg1st of the month bash 4 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31357910395_e29a253273_b.jpg1st of the month bash 3 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31213604442_30be719d54_b.jpg1st of the month bash 2 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Lucky to live in the countryside, and remember always carry a spade so you can construct jumps at you're pleasure!!

31213868552_3dcd5ef1bc_b.jpgsandbeck 1 - Copy by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31358150535_3f944a0a62_b.jpgsandbeck 2 - Copy by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

BASH, BREAK, REPAIR, REPEAT :good:

Installed the RS540 Sport Tuned motor into my TL01 and had a quick blast in the garden with it. And with the recently fitted metal bearings and sport tuned gears what a difference it makes. I can't wait to give it a proper blast tomorrow after work.

All I need now is to buy a Lipo alarm and try it with a 2S lipo. Also need a new bodyshell as the Subaru is starting to split but considering its the best part of 15 years old its not doing too bad