• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finished swapping parts from the outback ranger onto the outback/axial buggy.Fitted portal axles to the Injora rock buggy, after stripping them and greasing them, absolutely no grease in them from new 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wombat said:

Finished swapping parts from the outback ranger onto the outback/axial buggy.Fitted portal axles to the Injora rock buggy, after stripping them and greasing them, absolutely no grease in them from new 🤔

Im tempted to dismantle my injora buggy and get an LCG chassis kit then use a few bits from rock buggy

• Like 1

Finally finished my CC02 build. It's it normal for the chassis to twist quite hard when power is applied? It looks as though the offset in the rear drive shaft applies torque to the rear axle.

Finished revamping the Phoenix apart from tyres, took her out into the street for a couple pics in the sunlight.

I know i liked it a lot in orange with black wheels, but love this colour and wheel combo so much more, the whole truck really pops now

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg

IMG_7825.jpeg

IMG_7827.jpeg

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 3

Added an extra bearing (the blue one) and middle spacer into a hole where there shouldn't normally be one.

This should now give the shaft more support, prevent twisting, and save the gears from stripping. 

IMG_20240126_125656591.thumb.jpg.d7b65d09ae670e092eaebfeaa956a8c9.jpg

Then assembled/disassembled most of the drivetrain to fit/remove shims and remove unnecessary play.

Still a lot more to do.

Edited by JonnyUK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Opened my BatSafes and checked the voltages/conditin of my lipo’s as Im not going to be using them for a while. All ok thankfully

I do this too, usually about once a month. 

19 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Opened my BatSafes and checked the voltages/conditin of my lipo’s as Im not going to be using them for a while. All ok thankfully

As above and disposed of 4 lipos that had seen better days. Also checked what I need to get to have all my cars up and running  as its been a while since I had everything fully sorted

Blackout MT

After a quick online search, I couldn't find the diff cup strengthening sleeves in the size I needed.

So bought some aluminium tube with an inner diameter which will be a tight fit over the cups.

Clamped it in the lathe (wood turning lathe but figured worth a go) and made some sleeves. 

Not perfect due to cutting tool vibrations but they'll do.

IMG_20240128_164723654.thumb.jpg.3059732bfd8dde009ee9d888983a925e.jpg

IMG_20240128_165917378.thumb.jpg.45fe8e3f845d8b6ff6d6ce75fdbb2f4d.jpg

IMG_20240128_172611170.thumb.jpg.f39e691d4152dee5bec6e2b59662ec39.jpg

IMG_20240128_174655465.thumb.jpg.93ba5a4a8ecf15d9870d0414da4566e5.jpg

Pairing them off was a bit hair raising so I'll finish by hand tomorrow.

Some deburring to do by hand before pressing them over the diff cups.

I have some rubber boots to fit over these to keep the dirt out and the grease in.

The dished groove in each centre is to give somewhere for the cable tie to seat. 

Gotta try these things 😵‍💫

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Alex97 said:

I've been printing some new car stands - 

20240128-151319.jpg
20240128-151329.jpg

In my last printer these took around 6 hours, I'm now able to print two in less than 4 and a half hours! They work for pretty much every scale and having the 4 off shock holes helps massively when refilling shocks. 

Looks great! Is that your own design?

14 hours ago, Alex97 said:

I've been printing some new car stands - 

20240128-151319.jpg
20240128-151329.jpg

In my last printer these took around 6 hours, I'm now able to print two in less than 4 and a half hours! They work for pretty much every scale and having the 4 off shock holes helps massively when refilling shocks. 

Looking good, are these some of the printed parts that you sell ?

3 hours ago, MrCake said:

Looks great! Is that your own design?

3 hours ago, wombat said:

Looking good, are these some of the printed parts that you sell ?

Yes it's my own design. 

They can be, if you are interested then please drop me a DM 🙂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

Blackout MT

After a quick online search, I couldn't find the diff cup strengthening sleeves in the size I needed.

So bought some aluminium tube with an inner diameter which will be a tight fit over the cups.

Clamped it in the lathe (wood turning lathe but figured worth a go) and made some sleeves. 

Not perfect due to cutting tool vibrations but they'll do.

IMG_20240128_164723654.thumb.jpg.3059732bfd8dde009ee9d888983a925e.jpg

IMG_20240128_165917378.thumb.jpg.45fe8e3f845d8b6ff6d6ce75fdbb2f4d.jpg

IMG_20240128_172611170.thumb.jpg.f39e691d4152dee5bec6e2b59662ec39.jpg

IMG_20240128_174655465.thumb.jpg.93ba5a4a8ecf15d9870d0414da4566e5.jpg

Pairing them off was a bit hair raising so I'll finish by hand tomorrow.

Some deburring to do by hand before pressing them over the diff cups.

I have some rubber boots to fit over these to keep the dirt out and the grease in.

The dished groove in each centre is to give somewhere for the cable tie to seat. 

Gotta try these things 😵‍💫

IMG_20240129_174236860.thumb.jpg.daa977f708de1ba8183e1614c53507bd.jpg

They fit...which is nice 😁

Edited by JonnyUK

5 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I have never broken a diff cup where you have strengthened it, its always at the hole where the pin goes through inside the diff

In the boxes of parts I bought there was one with a crack on the outer, maybe it was hit with a hammer who knows.

Pretty sure the ones on this are that 'compressed powdered steel' ***** which the transmission gears are also made out of.

I noticed the sleeves available for Xmaxx's and other trucks so figured maybe there is a need.

On the plus side, at least the pins can't come out sideways and the rubber gaitors now won't slide off  😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

In the boxes of parts I bought there was one with a crack on the outer, maybe it was hit with a hammer who knows.

Pretty sure the ones on this are that 'compressed powdered steel' ***** which the transmission gears are also made out of.

I noticed the sleeves available for Xmaxx's and other trucks so figured maybe there is a need.

On the plus side, at least the pins can't come out sideways and the rubber gaitors now won't slide off  😁

I have the original blackout which was when they first came out maybe they were made differently, that being said when i broke them i bought replacements direct from Himoto and maybe they are different, i also got all my gears from there too and so far they have stood up very well. I always thought my gears were machined parts, who knows. 1 thing is for sure its nice to see someone doing mods to 1

• Like 1