• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, ReggieC said:

Yeah I've never really been too impressed by it. I understand the whole risk of tying up money in stock being a risk to a small shop like that, but when you go in and anything you ask for "Can be ordered in", you're just gonna order it online yourself aren't you? 

A shame really, there used to be another one in Norwich which was ace and that one in Gorleston I mentioned was one you could get lost in for a while too. Suppose it's just impossible to keep up with the big dogs online.

Pegasus Models was my local model shop when I first got into RC cars (then called Galaxy Models).  Was good for Tamiya back in the day and you could watch the Tamiya promo videos on a small TV in the shop window.  Then there was Kellers in Norwich city centre (now gone), Langleys and even Kerrison Toys had RC cars in the old days but now they are just selling toys.  For a while there was the huge model shop at Snetterton but that's gone now as well.

• Like 2

This is gonna sound really silly, but I don’t actually know! 😂

How can I find out? I used to have a fourth savage with a much smaller cooling head so it’s defo got a bigger block.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its just it looked very similar to the 4.6 i put in my 3.5 :good:

have a look on side of motor it may have 0.28 or 4.6 written on it 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, H1q said:

This is gonna sound really silly, but I don’t actually know! 😂

How can I find out? I used to have a fourth savage with a much smaller cooling head so it’s defo got a bigger block.

HPI k4.6 nitro star engine going by cooling head.

15201 NITRO STAR K4.6 ENGINE WITH PULLSTART

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fixed the stampede 😁 my local hobby shop found a plastic spur in the store room so brought it yesterday as the steel one didn’t turn up nice and smooth now with mesh set properly turned out the pinion had moved down and the grub screw destroyed the spur 🙄

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Fixed the stampede 😁 my local hobby shop found a plastic spur in the store room so brought it yesterday as the steel one didn’t turn up nice and smooth now with mesh set probably turned out the pinion had moved down and the grub screw destroyed the spur 🙄

Got your steel one packaged up here. Ill post it out as soon as post office re opens. Bloody King eh?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Got your steel one packaged up here. Ill post it out as soon as post office re opens. Bloody King eh?

Much appreciate mate 👍

I won’t bother commenting about the king thing might start something but yeah I’m not interested one bit 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It is quite a diference aint it :good:

indeed it is wasn’t expecting that much of a difference 👍

I need a new servo now though front end is getting quite heavy now starting to really struggle 

On 05/05/2023 at 10:26, BlackSeaRC said:

Pegasus Models was my local model shop when I first got into RC cars (then called Galaxy Models).  Was good for Tamiya back in the day and you could watch the Tamiya promo videos on a small TV in the shop window.  Then there was Kellers in Norwich city centre (now gone), Langleys and even Kerrison Toys had RC cars in the old days but now they are just selling toys.  For a while there was the huge model shop at Snetterton but that's gone now as well.

I remember loving a visit to Kellers when it was in the big glass fronted building. Lost the magic when it moved into Castle Mall in my opinion. There was a short lived shop in Lowestoft that I got my first car from that was great too.

Funny story, I now work on the business park built on top of the old Snetterton shop. There's remnants of the old track there, but nothing you could run on!