• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Always the same you plan your day and other folks have other ideas :rofl:

I genuinely think that that's what life is for everyone. But if that's true, someone, somewhere, is doing something they planned and simply messing it up for the rest of us 🤔

• Haha 3

Cleaned the trucks after a good run, pressure washed the used to leave them in the drying cupboard

Now i get the shop vac, put it on blow mode and what a job it does drying out the fiddly bits. Highly recommended and very satisfying to do 🙂

20230416_131550.jpg

The lad fitted his carbon towers, FTX carbon towers are a joke... WARNING

20230416_174443.jpg
1st up dont supply the right screws and no standoffs for the rear.

2nd the holes are not the right size for the screw hardware so need to be opened up to the right size with a drill.

The fronts needed drilling at the upper links, The rears needed the same and the shock mounting screw holes are all to small.

3rd shouldnt have to do all that S**t, why isnt it just right...

-5/10 Worst parts ive ever installed, was supposed to be a fun easy job for the lad, ended up taking an hour 😞

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Redback said:

Cleaned the trucks after a good run, pressure washed the used to leave them in the drying cupboard

Now i get the shop vac, put it on blow mode and what a job it does drying out the fiddly bits. Highly recommended and very satisfying to do 🙂

20230416_131550.jpg

The lad fitted his carbon towers, FTX carbon towers are a joke... WARNING

20230416_174443.jpg
1st up dont supply the right screws and no standoffs for the rear.

2nd the holes are not the right size for the screw hardware so need to be opened up to the right size with a drill.

The fronts needed drilling at the upper links, The rears needed the same and the shock mounting screw holes are all to small.

3rd shouldnt have to do all that S**t, why isnt it just right...

-5/10 Worst parts ive ever installed, was supposed to be a fun easy job for the lad, ended up taking an hour 😞

Pleasure/pain.

• Like 1

Where do I start 

1st

got the diffs to lock on the TRX4 the way I wanted default is all unlocked front locked than all locked now it’s all unlocked rear locked then all locked now you would think swapping the servo wires around would work nope no matter what way you do it it’s the same I have no idea how that works 🤔but I had to reverse the directions on the Traxxas app 

2nd 

made a start on the gmade buffalo very nice to build so far 👍

3rd

stabbed my finger typing to get a c-clip off went pretty much to the bone there was a lot of  swerving after that I gave up with RC’s for the day 🤣

• Like 1

Built the gear box on the Gmade buffalo but for the life of me could not work out the no overdrive gears no matter what or how I did it the gears wouldn’t move so left the stock front over drive in but as it’s going to be my proper crawler anyway not a trial truck it will come in handy 👍 and sold my baja so have some pennies to buy another RC 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

sold my baja so have some pennies to buy all the brass for my trx4

Can't go wrong there mate, good investment 😉

339065063_965082161191695_537534230026157837_n.thumb.jpg.d8ec10f17a037e64a6565b50d240024d.jpg

Maybe ill do a 1/10 scale version, can see it fitting well enough, or maybe ill add a rocket motor and make a chassis for the body.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

Got more olf the grill cut out for the Tamiya Rock Socker done today:

TamiyaRockSockermoreofthegrillcomplete.thumb.jpg.49a4cec471a8911d005a47c0c2e86f3c.jpg

And after a quick test fit to see how it will look mounted to the chassis:

TamiyaRockSockermoreofthegrillcompletetestfitted.thumb.jpg.9b63901d01ed6348f3e991a8bf073698.jpg

Two sections of the grill to do before I start on the metal mesh to back it, and decide whether or not I'm going to install the four roll cage lights.  Should hopefully get the grill cut outs finished tomorrow.

• Like 3

Finished the chassis on the gmade buffalo have a couple of bits I’m not happy with mainly the shocks think I’ll change the oil as there way too bouncy 

• Like 1