• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Yeh i know the feeling 

I was sailing my tug about 50 yards out when a swan 200 yards away spotted a swan near me and it came down running on water straight over my tug 

I tried to move the tug but the damm swan kept aiming for it luckilly no real damage done  :insane:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Interested to see what you think on the SRX @Grogg

I have been looking at doing some pretty wild things to the SRX, cutting parts away from the chassis, reshaping other bits, enlarging some parts, filling in parts of it with lead shot and epoxy so that it balances better.  The amount of things I'm considering doing to it makes me wonder if it will still be able to be classed as a TT-02 SRX

8 minutes ago, Grogg said:

I have been looking at doing some pretty wild things to the SRX, cutting parts away from the chassis, reshaping other bits, enlarging some parts, filling in parts of it with lead shot and epoxy so that it balances better.  The amount of things I'm considering doing to it makes me wonder if it will still be able to be classed as a TT-02 SRX

Interested to see how that works out

1 hour ago, totlxtc said:

Been mega busy lately with work, family and friends so done so little to anything RC 😞

Updated the NB4 firmware today to the rather sexy looking V3.0.

NB4-1.thumb.jpg.a35e358ba5f26a23d54f291842fb2c4f.jpg

Hmmm, wonder if I can do that with my non Pro? Any links?

18 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hmmm, wonder if I can do that with my non Pro? Any links?

I don't believe you can and would not recommend messing with firmware that is not for exact model. Don't want to brick it.

NB4 firmware: https://www.flysky-cn.com/nb4-xiazai

NB4 Pro firmware: https://www.flysky-cn.com/noble-pro-download-1-1

Run down of changes: 

10 minutes ago, Grogg said:

Actually did the thing I was worried most about doing today, cutting out the body, and I got to say I did a good job of it.

The body cut out:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutout.thumb.jpg.5d4a3f132af536863ad360ee695f10e7.jpg

The body temporarily mounted onto the chassis:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutoutmounted.thumb.jpg.2d90ee658bd042f052802f89d4d88644.jpg

After cutting out the body, I realised I was worried about nothing.  I used the score and snap method, and did it with a Stanely knife, none of the fancy tools - straight and curved lexan scissors, hobby knives, or scalpels that YouTube videos said where a must have, needed and impossible to do without.  I managed to cut it out in one piece, using several passes in the cut groove with nothing but the pressure from the weight from my cheep Stanely knife, and achieved crisp sharp cuts, not to mention, it turned out perfect, the body is symmetrical.  Just check out the off cut piece

Off cut with the cheap Stanely knife I used:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutoutexcess.thumb.jpg.c8c793f57ecfc491917a8efbde26457b.jpg

And this took about 10 to 15 minutes to do at most, probably closer to 5 minutes.

Im going to say it as i cant resist 🤣🤣🤣

Told you so!

Nice job. Enjoy the painting 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Grogg said:

Actually did the thing I was worried most about doing today, cutting out the body, and I got to say I did a good job of it.

The body cut out:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutout.thumb.jpg.5d4a3f132af536863ad360ee695f10e7.jpg

The body temporarily mounted onto the chassis:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutoutmounted.thumb.jpg.2d90ee658bd042f052802f89d4d88644.jpg

After cutting out the body, I realised I was worried about nothing.  I used the score and snap method, and did it with a Stanely knife, none of the fancy tools - straight and curved lexan scissors, hobby knives, or scalpels that YouTube videos said where a must have, needed and impossible to do without.  I managed to cut it out in one piece, using several passes in the cut groove with nothing but the pressure from the weight from my cheep Stanely knife, and achieved crisp sharp cuts, not to mention, it turned out perfect, the body is symmetrical.  Just check out the off cut piece

Off cut with the cheap Stanely knife I used:

TamiyaRockSockerbodycutoutexcess.thumb.jpg.c8c793f57ecfc491917a8efbde26457b.jpg

And this took about 10 to 15 minutes to do at most, probably closer to 5 minutes.

Tidy job! Going to be doing one soon and will be stoked if I get such a clean looking result. 👍🏻

Stripped the rear diff to replace the stripped input gear. Which is stupid and impatient as  any jobs I do are currently on Maccy d trays balanced on coffee tables 🙄 (with 3 kids and a nutty dog.)

My boss is clearing me a dedicated (single garage sized) area in his workshop but it's taking a while and I'm on holiday so am making do.

A dedicated work bench....will be heaven.

Anyone else work in unsuitable spaces?

16812820518403886484966907370102.thumb.jpg.835211addfbbda428297ae2d83b583a4.jpg

Edited by Rustic Ade
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

Stripped the rear diff to replace the stripped input gear. Which is stupid and impatient as  any jobs I do are currently on Maccy d trays balanced on coffee tables 🙄 (with 3 kids and a nutty dog.)

My boss is clearing me a dedicated (single garage sized) area in his workshop but it's taking a while and I'm on holiday so am making do.

A dedicated work bench....will be heaven.

Anyone else work in unsuitable spaces?

16812820518403886484966907370102.thumb.jpg.835211addfbbda428297ae2d83b583a4.jpg

How do people feel about doing it all on your kitchen counter top, and with tools bought from Poundland years ago in the days when everything they sold cost a quid?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grogg said:

How do people feel about doing it all on your kitchen counter top, and with tools bought from Poundland years ago in the days when everything they sold cost a quid?

Comforted I'm not alone!

(Though I did buy some Amazon special fine drivers)

If you are enjoying it you are enjoying it but I am looking forward to dedicated space.