• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finished cleaning and rebuilding the chassis of the baja just need to put the new engine in mix up some fuel and will be done other than getting new body parts and painting them 👍

Another gloomy rainy day so some more soldering.  Finally settled on a method of holding wires/connectors which seems to work well.  Tried helping hands  (basic 2-hand crocodile clip version) but never really got on with them. 

Heavy mole grips, angled pliers with some borrowed hair bands for the win!

PXL_20230326_095331648.jpg

PXL_20230326_100939146.jpg

• Like 3

Run into yet another setback on the baja need a different coil pack as the one that comes with the new engine doesn’t have the right connections for the kill switch 🙄

starting to get on my nerves quite a bit now 😤

Edited by RC4WD fan

On my day off I took my Bugsta to the bike track for some awesome fun, hopefully got some good footage. However I had some fatal damage.

Now my question is, is aluminium chassis worth the money? Carbon is obviously the way to go but on a Bugsta that is like half the cost of the OG car!

Plastic £8

Aluminium £28

Carbon £66 😮

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

seemingly thats the weak point so metal would be better 

Even if it’s aluminium? Assumed that would easily bend more so than plastic? I may go carbon eventually but not right now.

Please dont take this as it may sound..,

I would not waste £66 on a carbon chassis for a Bugsta which is almost half the cost of the car. Get a ally one. It will last longer than the plastic. If it bends then its still 1/3 the cost of the carbon. Carbon chassis will still break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Finished off the TRX4M, other than metal drive shafts, better wheels are tires and 2 black cable ties (I only had natural ones) I'm happy with it. The 66t motor makes it into more of a trail truck and it tops out at a brisk walk pace. I think I'm going to buy another body and do the pick up mod to try and reduce some of the uptop weight. 

So far I've only used it inside on little home made courses and it's pretty good however, the cats aren't a big fan of it!  I only used the traxxas bits briefly but the 1060 ESC, Holmes hobbies motor and 7kg injora servo is definitely a good step up and after I sold the subpar traxxas electronics. 

20230331_110135.jpg

20230331_110245.jpg

20230331_110314.jpg

It's each to there own but though the 4m looks super scale I just don't feel 1/18 is really usable outdoors other than on a man made track, but your making it look good

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

It's each to there own but though the 4m looks super scale I just don't feel 1/18 is really usable outdoors other than on a man made track, but your making it look good

Some people have turned them into very capable rigs however I'll mainly be going on trails so 90% of the time the paths aren't that bad. 

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Finished off the TRX4M, other than metal drive shafts, better wheels are tires and 2 black cable ties (I only had natural ones) I'm happy with it. The 66t motor makes it into more of a trail truck and it tops out at a brisk walk pace. I think I'm going to buy another body and do the pick up mod to try and reduce some of the uptop weight. 

So far I've only used it inside on little home made courses and it's pretty good however, the cats aren't a big fan of it!  I only used the traxxas bits briefly but the 1060 ESC, Holmes hobbies motor and 7kg injora servo is definitely a good step up and after I sold the subpar traxxas electronics. 

20230331_110135.jpg

20230331_110245.jpg

20230331_110314.jpg

I keep looking at these for indoor use a lot of nice body mods available 👍

must resist 🤣

• Haha 1