• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, Hyper7ftxoutlaw said:

Got it running for the first time!!

One I finally got the idiot bearing to catch it started easily! After that it was incredibly easy to start however the thing wouldn’t run properly without the glow plug igniter in it. The plug looks and seems to work great so I’m wondering whether it’s jus too rich! I reset it to factory settings btw. Seems to sound good despite having one of those weird dual exhausts. It’ll rev and sound amazing but I’ve sorta run out of space on msuk so i could only include one rev. It also doesn’t particularly want to run on the ground. You can see the wheels spinning on my hi-tec brick car stand. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone and everyone who reads this meaty paragraph! 

IMG_3551.MOVUnavailable  

Stock needle settings are a guide. It will be rich, if it is a new engine then it needs to be broken in. If it is used then lean HSN first then LSN, however you may need to lean the LSN to keep it running without glow starter. Video isnt viewable.

9 hours ago, locky said:

Stock needle settings are a guide. It will be rich, if it is a new engine then it needs to be broken in. If it is used then lean HSN first then LSN, however you may need to lean the LSN to keep it running without glow starter. Video isnt viewable.

Thanks mate! It’s most certainly not a new engine but it hasn’t been run for a while so I just reset it to factory settings. Thanks for the advice regarding the glow plug. The vid works for me if you wait like 10 really long seconds lol

6 hours ago, Hyper7ftxoutlaw said:

Thanks mate! It’s most certainly not a new engine but it hasn’t been run for a while so I just reset it to factory settings. Thanks for the advice regarding the glow plug. The vid works for me if you wait like 10 really long seconds lol

check you have the little copper washer on the glowplug also, it might be sitting to low also worth checking your fuel is fresh and high enough nitro content for the engine and plug

On 05/11/2022 at 19:51, bertberr said:

Dude...that Beetle looks mega!  Quite incredible what a colour change can do to a rig, looks so much better in my eyes than the stock yellow.  Love the union jack too.

Cheers buddy 🍻 Yeah wasn’t keen on yellow myself, hoping to give it a run this weekend 👍🏻

• Like 1