• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

47 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

@everclear1984Would sitting in very hot/boiling water save the wheel?

I've no idea. Plastic return to its moulded shape with heat?

Edit - Just remembered I gave the wheel to my kids to play with and I haven't seen it since 😅

Edited by everclear1984
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, QRC said:

VRLKZ3o.jpg

popped the factory seals on this beaut, very please to see they have included silicone fluids, I feel honoured....🤣🤣....this will be raced at the track shown two posts above by @J.K

Lovely bit of kit! Will she be ready to race by Friday? 😉

• Like 1

Not the most successful bash.

Breeze block holding up the ramp - 1... tekno ET410 - 0

IMG-20210330-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.ee04a71e414faca77b2d53336697bb03.jpeg

Looks like just the arm went though. Not the worst thing in the world... well it wouldnt be if I didnt have to tgo to RPRC to buy a replacement... I always end up significantly poorer than before I went onto the site when I buy stuff from there.

The MT410 also failed me, the ESC went pop. It was strange, ran fine, did a jump, then it was cogging so I took the shell off and checking nothing was stuck in the drive line. It seemed clear so I gave it a blip and POP... 1 SkyRC ESC down.

Not sure if there is perhaps something wrong with the motor, it siezed up and then the ESC drew too much current... unless that is the case, I'm done with SkyRC, thats the second of their ESCs which has gone pop for seemingly no reason.

Got a Max8 and a Max 6 I can put in there so will be fine for the moment, even if I do really like running it sensored.

Edit - The motor is absolutely fine, so yeah SKYRC can do one with their garbage ESCs.

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, J.K said:

Lovely bit of kit! Will she be ready to race by Friday? 😉

Unfortunately not, although the weather changes on Friday, classic Easter weekend, cold and cloudy....😂

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

Not the most successful bash.

Breeze block holding up the ramp - 1... tekno ET410 - 0

IMG-20210330-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.ee04a71e414faca77b2d53336697bb03.jpeg

Looks like just the arm went though. Not the worst thing in the world... well it wouldnt be if I didnt have to tgo to RPRC to buy a replacement... I always end up significantly poorer than before I went onto the site when I buy stuff from there.

The MT410 also failed me, the ESC went pop. It was strange, ran fine, did a jump, then it was cogging so I took the shell off and checking nothing was stuck in the drive line. It seemed clear so I gave it a blip and POP... 1 SkyRC ESC down.

Not sure if there is perhaps something wrong with the motor, it siezed up and then the ESC drew too much current... unless that is the case, I'm done with SkyRC, thats the second of their ESCs which has gone pop for seemingly no reason.

Got a Max8 and a Max 6 I can put in there so will be fine for the moment, even if I do really like running it sensored.

Edit - The motor is absolutely fine, so yeah SKYRC can do one with their garbage ESCs.

Did you open the motor up  to be extra sure

23 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Did you open the motor up  to be extra sure

No, I didn't. I hooked up the Max 8 to it and it runs fine on the bench though.

Really CBA to open the damn thing up... I do actually have a spare Stator for it but... sigh... no...