• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Put new balance cables on my 6s batteries.... God I hate desoldering lead free stuff.

Finally found a use for this patterned duct tape too.
Was strangely emotional putting the tape on as it was given to me as a bit of a joke by a close friend who recently passed away.

Sounds a bit daft, but you never know when these things will hit you.d07df073781027cf89673eb08e2b9a41.jpgce5acc2bb34d63c2832759adbf500253.jpg

• Like 2

Who says unbreakable bodies have to look terrible [emoji38]

Had some fun while playing with paint pens and the kids. Thought I would give the horri-bull a lovely chrome bumper and trim, as well as some new bedliner and arch protectors. Why not throw in a roll cage while I'm at it....

[emoji2957]

Don't worry, it washes off.947594020491da1403fed3fe57180be3.jpg

8 minutes ago, J.K said:

I'l continue the shell theme, it's been a body shell kinda day! House stinks now :lol:

49583132841_6012db292e_b.jpg

excellent job 👍 , I think I need one shell to be painted in similar scheme 😂

2 hours ago, Kukynas said:

excellent job 👍 , I think I need one shell to be painted in similar scheme 😂

Thanks! Simple but effective. Doubt they'll stay looking like this for long with my driving though! :lol:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Who says unbreakable bodies have to look terrible emoji38.png

Had some fun while playing with paint pens and the kids. Thought I would give the horri-bull a lovely chrome bumper and trim, as well as some new bedliner and arch protectors. Why not throw in a roll cage while I'm at it....

emoji2957.png

Don't worry, it washes off.947594020491da1403fed3fe57180be3.jpg

Gore - Jess Paul!! 

And awesome looking tape on them batteries - you must remember the good times with your buddy every time you pull them out ;-).

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, J.K said:

I'l continue the shell theme, it's been a body shell kinda day! House stinks now :lol:

49583132841_6012db292e_b.jpg

absolutely need to try this, how did you do it?

48 minutes ago, fnknan said:

absolutely need to try this, how did you do it?

First I did the green spatter by spraying some paint into the rattle can's cap and flicking it onto the body using a small paint brush. Then for the fade, always start with the darker colour (green in this case) start with thin coats like you usually would if you're painting the whole shell, but with each coat move further to the rear so that it gets thicker. Once that's all dry do the opposite with the lighter colour by spraying further to the front with every coat so that you get that fading transition between the colours. Finally I backed with white which makes fluorescent paints 'pop' :)

• Thanks 1

Gave the Yeti a run after rebuilding the front end, way way better, until I pulled yet another tyre out of the bead.

I really should swap the combo from the Senton into this it's so ridiculously fast for a Yeti... Overgeared with a 4000kv motor and 3s, it's nuts, great fun though, putting the Powerstroke shocks and VP sway bar kit to the test.

xVMyvsL.jpg

pfWWb3J.jpg

I89lm1W.jpg

IQ2r0fv.jpg

lVZ0IgP.jpg

4bspkr9.jpg

4bspkr9.jpg

6r14hzc.jpg

• Like 2