• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Painted up a cheap race blob shell for my TC, and helped a mate mount a considerably more attractive albeit probably less aerodynamic Toyota shell to his.

It's gps for a push bike, unfortunately it doesn't lose that much weight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What garmin GPS is it you're using?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

What garmin GPS is it you're using?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like the edge 200 same has mine I put it on my stock vintage hornet and I got just short of 15 mph

well today i broke my charger,,plugged it in for the hopes of having a bash on feild today,
big spark and blew the electric in the house,,
i opend the charger up and the neutral wire must have been loose on the circuit board as it was not attatched and all inside the charger was black,boom big flash

27 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

well today i broke my charger,,plugged it in for the hopes of having a bash on feild today,
big spark and blew the electric in the house,,
i opend the charger up and the neutral wire must have been loose on the circuit board as it was not attatched and all inside the charger was black,boom big flash

Could do you a deal on this if youre interested?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Overlander-RC-D100-Balance-Charger-Discharger/dp/B01D6DUMV4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Im not charging him anywhere near those prices though...... ive used this charger for a little under a year to charge a pair of 8000mah 3s packs and its been perfect. You must have an alert built into the forum that pings you when someone mentions wattage....

Just now, Guns said:

Im not charging him anywhere near those prices though...... ive used this charger for a little under a year to charge a pair of 8000mah 3s packs and its been perfect. You must have an alert built into the forum that pings you when someone mentions wattage....

:lol: lol: :rofl: I know, I'm terrible.

I know you wouldn't charge much, just thought I'd mention a few reasonable ones I've found.

I prefer to have warranty atm.

3 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Made more roost in the woods 

31241405423_98420ed786_b.jpgfive by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Each time I see this, firstly I like the look of it, but second, it seems too low at the back, as if it's scraping it's backside.

Do you think it could do with a little more preload on the rear shocks?

Just a thought.

Al.

It is accelerating + under load in that photo so that is a bad photo to go off but.. yes I do think the rear suspension has it's issues.

I've changed the oil in all the shocks but they still feel far too soft, especially at the rear, I don't know if some stiffer springs could take most of that away, or pre loading the standard springs a tad like you say, It didn't come with any inserts though!

It does sit a tad low at the rear, it was well out of it's depth where I was using in when that photo ^^^ up there was taken, wasn't enough ground clearance for it, would of much suited a rock racer type truck! 

Had a really good blast with it today though, Had it skipping and hopping over bumps and it was really comfortable, i'm still to properly jump it though, then I think the issues with rear shocks will be majorly highlighted...but we will have to see! You can certainly here the chassis slapping a lot over the rough stuff....but i'm still having a damn good time with it!!

Edited by bombercountynick

I understand. It's a fine compromise. Strange if the shocks aren't threaded, you would have expected them to have some preload inserts.

Needs to be supple - not too hard - to maintain contact on some of the 'bobbly' / rougher stuff.

Al.

I have used different sized zip ties in the past for temporary shock clips.

Yesterday and today I managed to get the d90 body primed and coloured. Very happy with the colour match for Bonatti Grey. Used Peugeot Steel Grey.

Will post some pictures when my image quota returns...

• Like 1