• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Interesting day at the track today, was originally planning on testing some new setup changes, but the modifications to one of the bigger jumps had made it barely landable in a truggy, pitching the nose down to almost vertical with minimal space to get it back up  - a buggy would almost certainly crash every time due to the smaller wheels.

Ended up pulling the jump apart, adding some dirt and reshaping it then rolled it and tested it with a car until it felt right before laying the astro - a first at the club lol, we never test the changes with a car as we go, if the roller goes over it the the cars can lol.

Ragged BLBB up and down outside my other halfs caravan, jumping it over speed bumps and having fun with it. Needs a smaller pinny and possibly a minor strip and service of the leccy bits. 

52 minutes ago, Tug said:

Trail-walking the Ally-Maxx and Craniac in Black park. 

Happy days. 

Took two 5000mah 5S packs, but despite doing one and a half laps of the park, I didn't use the second pack. Therefore; volt up, gear down for efficiency. 

; )

Stuck the last couple of stickers on my shelf queen D93114F6-5D82-427F-8BD8-434E53174F71_zpso4ok6790.jpg1D053968-DB8E-4FD3-96AB-18CE902CB680_zpsnyjainuk.jpg5BAEC38D-8AF5-4A7E-9306-2A33C30697DB_zpsgxd0dusx.jpg586F7BFC-2C61-4D04-AE37-819E564FA230_zpsni4ioi9h.jpg still have to get new 3mm offset wheels for it not sure if I should get wight or black or even bronze ?

Mate that looks really well. I had a tamiya TG10 mk1 nitro with the same body. Painted my deep red f400c8354a3ba442492e86adeea83e6c.png like this but I did black wheels with red studs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, dazp1976 said:

And a damn sight quicker too

Top be honest, I've got two large dual port Hyperion chargers that can discharge at quite a lick, but where's the fun in that? Grab a car and go spank it! Most of us hardcore enthusiasts have more than one ride. ;)

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

Top be honest, I've got two large dual port Hyperion chargers that can discharge at quite a lick, but where's the fun in that? Grab a car and go spank it! Most of us hardcore enthusiasts have more than one ride. ;)

The best excuse for having more than 1 :lol: Even if you have a high power charger ;) 

Backed on to it with my 1:1. Fortunately I only knocked it over and got it wedged. Can't be many occasions when a Defender 90 has come off second best against a Focus :huh:

Today I had a rather interesting time disassembling and reassembling a HPI Formula Ten belonging a workmate.

He bought it part assembled and un-run off EBay, but it seems that whoever assembled it was not overly fond of following instructions. None of the parts were damaged, but there were some odd assembly errors, such as all but one of the screws that were meant to keep the front section attached to the main chassis were inserted backwards so they didn't actually provide any structural support. I also found one rear tyre mounted to a front wheel while the corresponding front tyre was mounted to a rear wheel. Oddly, the foams were correct even though the tyres weren't.

I had fun taking it apart completely, cleaning the dust from the components, treating the plastics to a good soak in Armorall to restore their suppleness, and reassembling it properly according to the instructions. Although the car is not the newest design out there, the kit quality is superb - every bit as good as my beloved Tamiyas - and was a pleasure to put together. Once it is kitted out with the electronics that my mate has on order for it, it should make a fine runner.

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Got the 5ive pretty much ready for the bash at the weekend with Carpmart and the others just a few odd bits to sort out. 

Looking forward to Sunday!  Should be a good turnout!  Are you coming down with Dan? 

fitted a new gearbox in the blitz. fitted a smaller pinion too. temps were high last time i used her so dropped two teeth to 20. may take her for a run tomorrow with the hyper when my new charger eventually turns up. redelivery for friday!!

Stripped the chrome off the diff covers of my Vaterra Ascender kit, now they are black like the rest of the axles

Used caustic soda, the chrome was stubborn though and took 4 baths of 20-30 minutes for it all to come off.

• Like 1

Replaced an A arm on the Typhon. Once again thread locked the grub screw for the drive shaft on the Losi XXL and re-binded it to the original dx2 controller as for some reason it loses drive with the dx4.

Then went and had a bash, got my XXL stuck on the top of this

20160528_181401_zpsbmkms7iy.jpg

Went up it to get my car and on way down lost my footing and slid for about 4 feet on my left leg

20160806_172123_zpssfivwqx5.jpg

Had one of them that's it the lots up for sale moments then that lasted for a good 10 minutes.