• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

TT-01 + TT-01E

So we (girlfriend and I) went out Saturday for a little run and I managed to strip my spur, went back to fix it and when we got back out I had front wheel drive only, which was an interesting experience.

Went to investigate, thinking I had stripped the diff, but what had happened was the pinion gear was not on the driveshaft, thus not making contact. All put back together and all was fine.

Went back out yesterday, was having lots of fun, crashed into my girlfriends (Anna) GTR a few times by "accident", and then it happened... Crashed into hers and a wheel came rolling towards us :o needless to say Anna was not impressed, and I felt quite bad about breaking her car.

So that stopped yesterday's fun, but another set of wheels is on order now, and will be going back out next weekend providing the weather is good. 

These cars are great fun, they actually handle quite well and the Hobbywing 60/3800kv combo is excellent, plenty of speed and power on tap, both running the same setup and programming options. Geared 20/61 you can still get to full speed with this chassis, and yet it has the punch to allow you to power slide easily.

Gave it a bit of a cleanup after yesterday's bash with my brother-in-law and nephews. Putting muddy wheels/tyres in the washing machine with some old towels does wonders for them! :)

• Like 1

Spanked the Super 5sc Flux, she had several end over end tumbles, but laughed at me and carried on. Put approximately 7000 mah through her before the ESC thermalled, not complaining as it was on long grass. 

People, get out there while it's dry! 

Ordered paint from MS and a set of XTM Grinders from Wheelspin.

Think i'll be playing the waiting game with the tyres though, Grinders are hard enough to get hold of at the best of times, let alone through Wheelspin, but they're the only place listing them in stock...