• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had to make some guards for the Losi 4.0 rear driveshafts as after 2 minutes running yesterday they were about 1 inch thick with grass [emoji4]

628bf8482399330.jpg 

What did you use to make them?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Just now, TMaxxDave said:

What did you use to make them?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Milk carton.

The squared off corners worked in my favor plus they are also a bit long and slightly rub inside the back of the wheels so should also work as scrapers  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losi8igh said:

Milk carton.

The squared off corners worked in my favor plus they are also a bit long and slightly rub inside the back of the wheels so should also work as scrapers  :)

Milk cartons don't last very long from my experience, lexan is a better bet

Fully dismantled the losi 5ive ready to be properly cleaned as we were running on the beach this weekend :D and its covered in sand, in unexpected places lol.

20160509_172935_zpsavrf6xii.jpg

I put some proline tyres in acetone to get the glue off last night. Got them out today, they fell apart???  That's a first for me.  I managed to squeeze some mini monster truck tyres on the wheels the prolines were gonna go on. Look very nice :). I went down a tooth on the pinion to make up for the 1cm bigger tyres. 

Replaced the Baja servo with a spare I had. Gears to be ordered for the knackered servo. 

Really enjoyed getting the tools onto the big yellow Baja. 

Found a new bash spot and abused the Trophy for a couple of packs. No breakages other than bent rear shocks (standard Trophy problem, happens every time I go out).

• Like 2

Was bored so went for a few bursts round the field with the Trophy Truggy to make sure the changes I've made are fine in the warmer weather. Not mega fast but it'll do.

Charged 3x 6s 5000's together in 40 mins from storage, happy enough with that. Was just below 1C @ 13.5A pulling 330 watts.  

Fiddling with my LVC 1st pack was 3.6v oops. 2nd pack 3.65v 3rd pack 3.69v that's near enough. She's running a skrrc toro TS150, skyrc 1700kv X8ST, yeah racing twin fan heatsink, powerhd LF20, geared 17/50.

Temps were motor 66c, esc 35c lipo 43c so could be at the limit now for grass. Could possibly go up to a 21t pinny on the hard stuff.

The recent alloy wing washers are a huge improvement as the wing didn't fly off this time round which happens every time with the plastics.

Need to go a bit thicker with shock oil, they work very well but it bottoms out a bit hard on landings of about 1,1/2 - 2ft.

Need a new shell as the paint is coming off quite bad (1st attempt with the spray cans) looks horrid now :( 

Some other changes so far:

Alloy rear carriers.

D8T BB shocks, towers, front arms.

Alloy susp blocks all round.

Captured hinge pins.

Hellfire alloy front carriers & spindles which fit perfect with existing 133mm CVD's. The D8T carriers would've needed the thinner 131mm. The hellfire steering arms did need drilling & tapping to bolt an extra bit on to change the ackerman as it was way off and didn't steer well.

T bone on the back as rear of chassis had worn to 1mm thick :lol:

17mm hex conversion.

No breakages so all in all it's reasonably solid now until I start jumping off stuff :lol:

Still on my first pair of mud guards made from an A4 sheet of lexan a year ago too. Not bad.

Eventually I'm hoping to be able to use some end mill bits in the pillar drill to have a go a making new shock towers. Then I hope to be able to go from 97mm f 112mm r shocks to 106mm f & 124mm r shocks instead. If I can use it that way that is :D I'm pretty rubbish with metal :lol:

I could've gone with the carbons from the D8T Tessmann but 1. they are ££££'s and 2. I'd snap them too easy.

Edited by dazp1976

Did the Diffs last week, the CVD's sometime earlier, but assembled the lot together yesterday and today.

BLING ON!!

(X-Maxx from bits)

Hubs%20Arms%20Diffs-20160509-1_zpsrldsnj

Hubs%20Arms%20Diffs-20160509-2_zpsy2cc62

Hubs%20Arms%20Diffs-20160509-3_zpsqmzoou

Hubs%20Arms%20Diffs-20160509-4_zps2rbw1d

I suppose I'll have to make a start on the chassis now!!

Never mind - quite enjoying it actually.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

Getting back in the game after nearly 7 months out :@.@: First job? Attempting to boil a Proline Badland off a wheel - the glue they use is like no other!!! 7 knackered fingers later and i'm off for another 7 months ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

Getting back in the game after nearly 7 months out :@.@: First job? Attempting to boil a Proline Badland off a wheel - the glue they use is like no other!!! 7 knackered fingers later and i'm off for another 7 months ;)

Dude, where you been? :056:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Dude, where you been? :056:

Bought a puppy back in December - it's taken over my life!

I've taught it to crap in the garden now instead of the kitchen so I can finally get back into my RC's! ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

Bought a puppy back in December - it's taken over my life!

I've taught it to crap in the garden now instead of the kitchen so I can finally get back into my RC's! ^_^

What breed? (Then we ought to get back on topic! ;) )

Serves you right!!

That's a real cutie - loving the colour of the coat, and the big eyes.

Just make sure it doesn't chomp on the RC's (like my Ridgeback / Boxer used to!!).

Al.

• Like 1

Quite a bit last night, ESC swapping, motor swapping, applying mesh to ESCs to keep muck and debris out. Didn't have enough 6.5mm bullets though, hopefully pick some up today so I can finish the alterations.