• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Quickly fitted / shimmed a new input shaft to rear diff on Maverick SCT, used old motor plate as bearing fell apart fitting in the new one. Fitted sc401 and sc8wp, velcroed everything until it all stayed put and then couldn't find centre driveshaft.

Took it out anyway to bmx track with mate + acme raptor / condor pro hybrid and launched them off stuff.

New combo a bit more coggy than old sidewinder + 4 pole but handles the heavy chassis better. Pulled hard on 2wd with pin tires on dirt / gravel. Reverse set far too slow so barely got out of cog. Temps good. Blew rears tires off first jump. Hard to keep straight on 2wd esp. when servo saver backed off. Think I lost a motor wire or the lvc kicked in as it stopped and motor just rocked on throttle.

Raptor flew after sorting a loose switch wire. Reverse landing into a bank popped a shock cap and ended play. Motor and esc a bit toasty, will check bearings before running again.

Great to get out and drive after a busy summer of work and no real broken parts either.

Found 15t and 17t pinions in a packet... Checked sct to find a 20t. That explains cogging, think running 2wd is why temps were ok. Still can't find centre shaft

packed the speed car up and put it in shed in a locked cabinet, decided to have a break from RC for the moment to help me focus on my GCSE's and my project that i have been thinking about for a good 2 years so hopefully you might see what that is in the future :) 

• Like 1

Lots of people seem to have to solder hubsans.... How come?

The lipos I use in mine are slightly bigger than standard so everything gets a little tight when it in . I pulled on the battery wire (on the hubsan end)so I could plug the lipo in but ended up pulling the neg wire off the board,I need to learn to be more gentle with it lol. The only other solder that I think you'd need to do is when you get a non/slow rotating motor from crashing baby ect..sure puts a smile on your face after working on these things as with how small the board is and how chunky my shaky hands are I'm surprised it's still in one piece:)
  • Like 1

The lipos I use in mine are slightly bigger than standard so everything gets a little tight when it in . I pulled on the battery wire (on the hubsan end)so I could plug the lipo in but ended up pulling the neg wire off the board,I need to learn to be more gentle with it lol. The only other solder that I think you'd need to do is when you get a non/slow rotating motor from crashing baby ect..sure puts a smile on your face after working on these things as with how small the board is and how chunky my shaky hands are I'm surprised it's still in one piece:)

Thanks for the info :D I'm usually very gentle anyway but I'll be even more careful of the wires in future. I don't have a soldering iron yet and although I used to love it in technology at school, I need some practice on an old TV remote before adding half a kilo of solder to an rc model...

• Like 1

ERBE, ally-Maxx and S5, all three given a beating!

ERBE ripped her Centre rear drive, but only after a proper beating.

Ally-Maxx took a beating, no breakages.

S5 was fantastic! Lost a screw in the steering, bodged in a replacement.

Happy days.

Got them all out for a group shot: 

20140907_124804-1.jpg

20140907_124817-1.jpg

20140907_124854-1.jpg

20140907_130117-1.jpg

Clockwise from back left: Super Clod, Frank the Tank, Chevvy Carnage, X4, Brushless Baby Badger, Miper v3.0, Losi, Shorty, Vandal. 

After that I popped the new Savox in Miper and a 19t pinny in CCarnage. 

• Like 2

I've finally put my fg diff back together after it sitting in peices for well over a week. Polished the other two shocks and thought about starting the front end. Then decided to not bother or it would have been a late one.

All while James bond diamonds are forever played in the background I've never watched a bond before now I know why. Some bits was cool tho.

Got them all out for a group shot:

20140907_124804-1.jpg

20140907_124817-1.jpg

20140907_124854-1.jpg

20140907_130117-1.jpg

Clockwise from back left: Super Clod, Frank the Tank, Chevvy Carnage, X4, Brushless Baby Badger, Miper v3.0, Losi, Shorty, Vandal.

After that I popped the new Savox in Miper and a 19t pinny in CCarnage.

Didn't realise you had such a collection! Lookin good!

• Like 1

Didn't realise you had such a collection! Lookin good!

Kinda took me by surprise tbh! Cheers chap, I'm quite chuffed with them. Now all I need to do is get them all running.........................

Rebuilt the ERBE rear diff, first time in a while. As usual it was the crown gear that had been smashed, looked like Shane McGowans teeth! I've replaced it with what's supposed to be a hardened replacement, only time will tell.