• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got my mates SC10 to check the diff after it makes a crunching noise on heavy acceleration, fresh oil, bearing change, fresh grease, also tightened the slipper up, should do the job.... Also did some work on my own, a complete diff service, had no oil in it just a tiny bit of grease! Baaad AE factory :lol: fresh 30k oil in now to keep the inside wheel from ballooning up... Runs like a dream now.

brushed the cobwebs off Truckzilla and took it for a thrash. Started well considering I haven't run it for months.

Fitted some stiffer shocks on the back to try and tame the rolls...Now running MCD RR Evo3 rear shocks. About the same length as the Losi big bores...and a lot firmer.

It actually stopped raining long enough for me to get a few tanks run through it.

Also fitted a centre underguard to keep the crud off the brakes and steering servo.

She still needs gearing up a touch.....but she's leaned off a bit more and is a total animal once I got her warmed up. Especially on wet grass! Got to love a nitro that can balloon front tyres like a brushless :)

• Like 1

Covered the broken bit on my lads maverick ion in araldite as a temporary holiday fix. Hopefully it will last as I don't want to buy another one. This is the second one he's broken and at 13quid each he's running out of inheritance.

Ran my old school kyosho ultima gp, now decided to strip and rebuild gearbox and fit new bearings.

Boiled a new set of hobbyking truggy tyres, jaffa taped the insides and reglued, they are ready for 6s truggy flux fun. Yahoooooo. Batteries on charge for the morning.

Narrowed a Maverick Scout wheel. Made a mess of it but somehow it came out ok and I have a good idea how to do the others properly.

Great baja bash today, though it did end up with me chatting to a policeman!!!!

2BD1D170-16AF-4694-974B-3C8EEBBFAF40_zps

Edited by Hyper-d

Tumbled the truggy and it cartwheeled over and over and over, snapped a shock, lost the retainer and smashed the servo saver up, all hail modelsports mighty stock. Everything in stock and ordered ready to destroy next weekend again.

Full speed on 5s is going to snap something at that speed, its a tough little machine to be fair.

Edited by RevoMikey

Finished off a pack in the df02, sold the S5, then decided to fit blitzer wheels on the HB for running in the woods; hit a personal motor temp best of 112f, suggesting a gear down/a kV drop....neither of which appeals, however....

Finished off a pack in the df02, sold the S5, then decided to fit blitzer wheels on the HB for running in the woods; hit a personal motor temp best of 112f, suggesting a gear down/a kV drop....neither of which appeals, however....

Blitzer wheels/tyres are the way forward for the DT-02 chassis  :yes:

Continued to build my SCX10 - Awaiting radio gear from Hong-Kong and need to find location for ESC.

IMG_0239_zps42ae529a.jpg

Side of the receiver box is the best place to mount.Some extra strong double sided tape will have it stuck on for years ;)