• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

When my dogs back in health and I've no risk of another vet bill, I'm considering buying some bits for the D3, alloy steering system, 55Deg CVDs, front one way etc... Tempting to do all the parts in a nice subtle colour, as I said, the pink is mis-matched and it's bloody annoying me lol.

You might want to strip the pink off first using oven cleaner before painting. Mine was naked with no other paint on it but not sure what would happen if you sprayed on top.

Spray painting a new shell for my RS4 and it looks the bees knees already. The windows are staying and the thing can over heat all it likes. Not spoiling the look of the HPI PROVA IMPREZA paint job I have given it. :D

Just need to carbon wrap the bonnet today and then mount it to the chassis for a little more adjustment.

You might want to strip the pink off first using oven cleaner before painting. Mine was naked with no other paint on it but not sure what would happen if you sprayed on top.

Wasn't planning on spraying in top chap, I'll use the same method I do for all my de-anodising... Caustic soda.

Fitted my Bowties to the KM. Rebuilt a velineon 3500 with new spacers and bearings. (Very comprehensive rebuilding kit!) Now at the docs, but when I get home the Hot Racing steel spur is going in the Mini 8ight!

Jesus, when did you get a Mini 8ight? :lol:

Jesus, when did you get a Mini 8ight? :lol:

Had it for about 6 weeks mate, but it kept chewing spur gears. Bought the hardenend steel one from hot racing.

Discovered though that it's been chewing gears because the motor shaft is slightly bent and the pinion was waaaay off balance so it was running in a slightly eccentric circle.

New pinion first then will try a new motor if it still isn't right.

Had it for about 6 weeks mate, but it kept chewing spur gears. Bought the hardenend steel one from hot racing.

Discovered though that it's been chewing gears because the motor shaft is slightly bent and the pinion was waaaay off balance so it was running in a slightly eccentric circle.

I was wondering why you'd bought a steel spur for it, I've run mine on 3s on tarmac (grippy) and the spur is perfect.

James had a similar issue when the motor shaft seemed bent, I'm not 100% sure how he fixed it but it's fine now, so might be worth dropping him a PM as I can't remember if he started his own thread or posted on another one about it :lol:

I chewed a spur up due to a failed bearing, but unless you land with lots of power on, you shouldn't be able to strip a spur dude.

I was wondering why you'd bought a steel spur for it, I've run mine on 3s on tarmac (grippy) and the spur is perfect.

James had a similar issue when the motor shaft seemed bent, I'm not 100% sure how he fixed it but it's fine now, so might be worth dropping him a PM as I can't remember if he started his own thread or posted on another one about it :lol:

I chewed a spur up due to a failed bearing, but unless you land with lots of power on, you shouldn't be able to strip a spur dude.

Richard check your motor mount isn't bent. On mine, one of the motor screws was forcing the mount out of place, putting uneven wear on the spur. I only worked it out when the motor shaft finally sheared off :( A new motor arrived and had the same issue. The motor screw which sits closest to the prop shaft needed sanding down significantly before the mount would sit straight.

• Like 1

Richard check your motor mount isn't bent. On mine, one of the motor screws was forcing the mount out of place, putting uneven wear on the spur. I only worked it out when the motor shaft finally sheared off :( A new motor arrived and had the same issue. The motor screw which sits closest to the prop shaft needed sanding down significantly before the mount would sit straight.

Have you got and pictures of what you mean? Would it be easier to get a new motor mount?

Have you got and pictures of what you mean? Would it be easier to get a new motor mount?

WARNING: Ignore the bodge job and knackered pinion lol

image_zps68ed0e96.jpg

As you can see, I had to sand down the top of one of the motor screws because as I slid the motor in behind the mount, it was forcing the motor and therefore the pinion to sit a couple of degrees out. This is what caused the chewed spurs on mine, it may be worth checking on yours.

Also if you're running the Hot Racing spur then you'll need a hardened pinion to match. Have a look for Robinson Racing RRP1616.

There you go lol, I was hoping he'd spot the post :lol:

I clearly need to get out more! :lol: Edited by James1986
  • Like 2

No worries chap :)

Now, after a successful thread hijack I popped down to the LHS to get a turbo glow plug. I came out with a glow plug and a new shell! :lol:

image_zpsa9041844.jpg

Bloody Freeprawnracing!!!

Took my money no problem, but bloody backordered most of my order!

Pair of rear wheels

Pair of front wheels

HD beadlocks

Normal beadlocks

DDM stainless beadlock bolts!

All he has shipped is the foam inserts and longer length bolts. What's the bloody point? They're useless without the rest of the order!!!!

Get an effin stock indicator Nige. NOT HAPPY.

Bloody Freeprawnracing!!!

Took my money no problem, but bloody backordered most of my order!

Pair of rear wheels

Pair of front wheels

HD beadlocks

Normal beadlocks

DDM stainless beadlock bolts!

All he has shipped is the foam inserts and longer length bolts. What's the bloody point? They're useless without the rest of the order!!!!

Get an effin stock indicator Nige. NOT HAPPY.

had that with a fullkill linkage from him,.said it was in stock then it was not, but apart from that he has been good.

Nige is a one man band, it's hard to keep up with a complete website, including his shop running and event organising.

While it's not usual for him to make a mistake, he's only human and it happens... Best thing to do is ring him to order rather than online or ring him to do a stock check for the items you want.

You should have bought Silverback beadlocks anyway :P Neil lives next to a Post Office :lol: