• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Went to the woods for a bash! Ran frankinstorm and scout, went really well! No breakage's, here two pics of frankinstorm, the second one hit the ramp wrong and almost hit camera man

20130527_112749_1_zps4c4dbbd4.jpg

20130527_113018_7_zps8c36f1eb.jpg

Edited by thesnake505
  • Like 1

Upped the gearing on both badgers to run 18/57, took 'em for a test, temps all good, wheelspin is increased, doughnuts are more fun, the beast pulled some fantastic wheelies. Our lass managed to break one seam on a new triple A racing rear wing and almost break the other.....shall be contacting freeprawn about it tomorrow, as the rolls were fairly innocuous and not from any height.

I merely lost another bolt and nut from the steering....tedious....

Its been a beautiful day and i forgot to put my batteries on charge so i did nuffin lol

I put 4 packs on charge ready for a bash today. It RAINED  :crying: . 

Took the Punisher out to begin engine break in. It went like a stinking heap of crap. Then I discovered that the stock Punisher air filter absolutely chokes the engine. If you remove it it bloody flies, even at half revs. Have ordered a baja air filter instead!

Took the Punisher out to begin engine break in. It went like a stinking heap of crap. Then I discovered that the stock Punisher air filter absolutely chokes the engine. If you remove it it bloody flies, even at half revs. Have ordered a baja air filter instead!

Nice bit of trouble shooting bud ,glad you got it sorted

Just noticed i may have seized my Velineon motor. Diffs working but try both wheels in one direction it doesnt want to know :(. Oh well, its done me well. The slash was so caked in mud last outing it weighed 3 times as much after the race! See what happends when i take it out, cant be bothered now!

Bashed it until a wheel came off again. Lol bloody wheel nuts came loose. Then realized hadnt got a wrench with me to tighten them up again oops. Bash over

Just noticed i may have seized my Velineon motor. Diffs working but try both wheels in one direction it doesnt want to know :(. Oh well, its done me well. The slash was so caked in mud last outing it weighed 3 times as much after the race! See what happends when i take it out, cant be bothered now!

Not necessarily the motor mate. Check grub screws on the diff input cups and outdrives haven't worked out a bit, or the drive pins on the dog bones/CVAs. My trophy truggy flux had the same symptoms. It turned out the grub screw in the diff cup on the front diff was too long. It was catching the steering plate on the way round. You could spin the wheels freely but couldn't push it along the ground!

Yesterday bashed the hyper out on field untill the foam insert flew off the front left tyre

Changed tyres bashed some more and now need some new set of tyres

A good day out :)

Did nowt today was too busy gettin house ready for selling :-( but yesterday went wrong for the nitro wouldnt start grr, but my son used up two batteries on lecky he had fun til he broke it, now i need a new pinion and spur for that, man not a cheap hobby lol

Im back at work tomorrow night so thats me done with rcs until saturday me thinks, might tinker with nitro to get it started oh and need fuel!!!

Aaarrrggghhhhh was going to go out today and its ruddy raining will it ever go how i want lol...

It's nice here today lol

Spent the bank holiday making an undershell for Shorty. IT will double as a Mad Max style shell if I run with the body off....and as a mud shield to keep the worst of the dirt off the servos as well. The Beetle shell has so much space under it that all the muck just flys in.

• Like 1

Fueled up the baja for the first time in months, got to the local field, nice and empty, fired her up.......cue local wolly jumping out of nowhere and pestering me for a go, remotely killed the engine, pretended it had ran out of fuel and went home :-/

What motor have you gone for this time?

Thanks.

Ordered a LRP X20 7.5t, the Orion was really struggling, to keep the temps down it lost so much wheel speed, think the XB4 was just too heavy for it :lol: