• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

36 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Well, I have discovered the stones getting into the rear diff housing has ruined the teeth on the gears, so the rebuild is on hold now until the parts arrive sadly.
Got this far.

EPkcU0u.jpg

how come stones in the diff housing? 

Add a number plate to the Cherokee, created in Tinkercad then 3D printed in ABS, yellow painted in.

plate.jpg

Then I started on my next shell for the Enduro, going for a distressed Chevy C-10 - managed to drop the airbrush, and bust it, so I am more distressed then the truck probably will be. Did manage to get the base metal coat finished, added some variation in colour by varying the thickness of the silver then backed in pale grey. Windows were over masked so the silver won't show through at their edges once the shell is painted on the outside. Well, that the plan, have never done a distressed truck before, it may be a disaster lol.

distressed1.jpg

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Mine are the £15 knockoffs lol, I honestly have found over the years that knockoffs perform about 80-90% as good as the real ones anyway, worth a try.

let me know man 👍

( Though I doubt yours have alien snot in) 

Just now, stimpy said:

let me know man 👍

( Though I doubt yours have alien snot in) 

I will post my opinion, probably in my build thread, although I might not get to test them for a while due to social distancing and whatnot... Our usual spots are closed, we just have the quarry locally, but it's all loose and suitable to bashing, not crawling.

Did some sort of a rust effect on my ford raptor body, painted the body with an airbrush and use for the first time  createx wicked colors, not happy with the paint after one run it starting to flake off, I did not want the strip all the paint of the body so I did a rust effect on it.

I use to paint the body with an airbrush and vallejo premium  that paint  have not flaked off,  I going back to use rattle cans for painting bodies, the problem I have with those airbrush paints is the pigment, some colors do not cover at all, you can paint it al lot of layers and  you can see true the body and  then you have to back it with a other color, and getting the right thickness is a pain in the...., rattle can are much easier to use and the paint sticks beter to .

I reinforced the rear of the body with a alloy plate, getting sick an tired that every time when I get a new body for this car heavy 1/8 scale ,after one run with a few landings on the roof the body post come trough it,  I don't get it why the proline bodies in the front are thicker lexan then in the rear of the body.

49720784927_255ed2d0de_c.jpg

49719929803_60125df5ce_c.jpg

49720464706_45c9fc7826_c.jpg

49720784757_d184c0e9f7_c.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Pulled apart a pallet to turn into obstacles for the Outbacks. Feel free to send me ideas, I'm not very creative, all I see is a pile of wood 😂

Never mind, I found my creative side :)

IMG_20200331_173136

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Looks good man. 

was going to say; bridges, see saws, crazy lofted platforms etc!.. 

My biggest issue is that everything needs to be packed away in the garage when it's not in use. The dog would tear it apart! Lol