• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, mond said:

Did you also try the 8000 and 10k hobbyking ones as well?

Yeah, the 8000 Zippy packs aren't bad, but still get pretty warm. Those are 30C, so 240 Amp, should be enough, but I'd like to try and improve the temps on the cells. 

Fitted the soft kit tires on the WPL and drove it around a bit.  Soft tires fall off the rims, so may need gluing.  They do grip pretty well though.

Then decided was about time worked on Evoque TA02 so made a new chassis plate to adjust the wheel base a few mm.  No more tire rub at front, and looks better with the suspension sat at the running level (about 60% droop).  Worked a bit on getting the interior mounted solid on the chassis as the body bolts to the interior.  Next job is to find a home for the 1080 ESC and a battery.  Probably going under the bonnet but access could be a pain for the battery.

• Like 1

Ahh mate, I’m not knocking you in any way, your Rc your choice :good:

people stick to colours they know, me, I’m kinda green or ahem, red :whistling:

honestly though mate, how does this stack up against the rest you have had? Scaler wise of course :good:

Mounted ESC and spent ages trying to solder a pair of deans as a motor connector.  Gave up and did it in 30s with bullets and a cooks blowtorch..

Been rooting around the parts box and built a servo winch out bits I had laying around. The servo has been modded but removing the limiting pin, locking the potentiometer in the middle position and drill out the potentiometer key way in the main servo drive gear and to my surprise it works perfect! Just need some kind of bobbin/spool to fix to the servo disc now :) 

E7_AB6_E3_A-9_FA5-4989-8_A69-6_E3438_EC9

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Been rooting around the parts box and built a servo winch out bits I had laying around. The servo has been modded but removing the limiting pin, locking the potentiometer in the middle position and drill out the potentiometer key way in the main servo drive gear and to my surprise it works perfect! Just need some kind of bobbin/spool to fix to the servo disc now :) 

E7_AB6_E3_A-9_FA5-4989-8_A69-6_E3438_EC9

You could just get a very large washer to 'make' your own bobbin?

Love the rod end acting as a fairlead, if that's what it's for.

• Thanks 1

Wheel Bearings and rear diffs

After another sand bashing decided to check them out.

Rear axle shaft looks free of sand.

c98d2e36e1f122f996fe6265f99ba02e.jpg

e337c480a3f4c6102cb27d665bcbd8cc.jpg

Broken rear c block

7c49e2efdf3d606fb316a9aabd58dc43.jpg

Taped up for now

01f80200bcbc31e386ee219ffe8e5403.jpg

ff53ca5c62759a0a382816da758d34d5.jpg

Got these on order in silver, or maybe red.

927d5d5d06d4d1d0995bab221f9812e0.png

Gorilla taped the body holes nice neat holes with this.

17183b8e6b823b906d606aa2ef304895.jpg

8f0917745a19365d0ec707b602ce5191.jpg

Then into bearings and bits

6821b7c7972bceb9c97e4d96a7125001.jpg

Finally got rid of these

1fc0533bd98f069d28527f87222b2031.jpg

IMO they serve no purpose they just get in the way.

Mostly in the sunshine.

Quick update

Pinion looks free of sand what you can see has fell in ( cleaned it out)

c455cea2c08bae178723074f47837b9f.jpg

The diff cup further over looks good too.

Going to dig deeper when the rest of the upgrades arrive.

Chunks of my life come under the heading “Well it seemed like a good idea at the time”

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

You could just get a very large washer to 'make' your own bobbin?

Love the rod end acting as a fairlead, if that's what it's for.

That would work, but I’ve found sewing machine bobbins on eBay and they are dirt cheap, 10 for £1.49 lol, also looking at online pics it’s what everyone else uses ? 

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

That would work, but I’ve found sewing machine bobbins on eBay and they are dirt cheap, 10 for £1.49 lol, also looking at online pics it’s what everyone else uses ? 

Yep they are a very popular choice, servo winches are so much stronger than most other stuff on the market, for a fraction of the price.

Some even buy those dummy winches for 12quid and mount those on the front with the line just running through it to a hidden servo winch.

Yep they are a very popular choice, servo winches are so much stronger than most other stuff on the market, for a fraction of the price.
Some even buy those dummy winches for 12quid and mount those on the front with the line just running through it to a hidden servo winch.
The sneaky gits! [emoji6]