• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

On 04/08/2018 at 12:06, .AJ. said:

Took the Yeti out for a quick spin this morning and have lost front drive all together, think the bulkhead has warped and lost pinion/ring gear mesh, all this heat must have melted it :lol: 

Sometimes it's the bearings getting hot and they melt the recess and become loose.

Either way a good excuse for shiny stuff, I have a cheap alloy diff case but it really isn't very well made so I took it back out, can't remember what brand it is.

Might opt for the VP one if it isn't too extortionate.

Spanked the new rear diff in Budget-Maxx, held up fine, job done and ready for summer, should it ever choose to arrive!

Temps on motor were 60C, ESC around 45, cells hit 50!

All good fun though!

Small addendum, the cells were showing 2% when I put them on the charger, but she was still popping wheelies on the walk back to the house. GOTTA LOVE LITHIUM!

Edited by Tug

Went to LHS and they were out of the Tamiya paint I need a fraction of a tin to finish WPL top coat.  They'll restock in the next week or so... which is a pain.  They charge standard rate (£5.99) and it's very local so will wait and support them.

Instead I keyed the rear bed, roll bar, side steps and front bumper and painted them with Lidl black under body protection paint.  I really like the finish.  I might have to redo the chassis rails with it as I didn't prime or key them and the matt black is flaking in a few places.

• Like 1

Where to start first had a bash with the mf-01x in the garden much fun ? then fitted the metal links on the WPL and made the first piece for the camper for it cut myself with the stanly knife gave up walking down the stairs foot slipped off the last step bent my ankle pretty good so yeah good start to the day then went south in the evening ?

45 minutes ago, ghazghul said:

I might have to redo the chassis rails with it as I didn't prime or key them and the matt black is flaking in a few places.

That's on the to do list on mine just can't be bothered to do it ?

• Like 1

Front and rear diffs on Slash.

894fd90163b7b76725437726f1b360f5.jpg

8eafb93630ffe191728d479ef1ac3d6a.jpg

931a490f10dfb58191c303cf95935420.jpg

+ tidied my shed, I only lost one counter sunk off the skid plate so that’s a good result for me.

30 front 10 rear.

***UPDATE***

Sorry about the double post???

I found the screw [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] saved £3.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave the Budget-Maxx a run, threw a CVD, had spares in the box, fixed in five minutes. RCBest ain't the best, but they've served me well over the years. I tend to only use them up front with genuine Traxxas CVDs at the rear where the main load is. 

Got a bit more done on the ET410 build, really enjoying this build, fit, finish and material quality are all as good, if not better than their 8th scales :)

Rear clip complete
510746037635cc56b69ef13dd0ebbe47.jpg

Front end now complete, bar the tower and turnbuckles
c51b9d00504f92f55b4c6196477eac11.jpg