• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Today over lunch I did a bit more trimming of the polycarbonate shell for my Tyrrell P34. Taking it slowly as it is a relatively rare shell and not the easiest one to assemble either, with multiple pieces that need to be cut out and bonded together once painted.

I started with the shell as the chassis looks like an interesting one to assemble, and I am looking forward to it. It is acting as motivation to get the shell finished. If I had started with the chassis, it would no doubt be done by now, and likely destined to sit on the shelf naked for months while I tried to find motivation to tackle the shell.

(Not a fan of bodyshell work as you have no doubt guessed...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, babylon said:

Charging station, Was getting fed up of cables and lipo's all over the floor, Now all in one place.

20180127_165448_1.jpg20180204_172307_1.jpg20180204_172637_1.jpg20180204_172338_1.jpg

20180204_180522_1.jpg

That is a neat job!  I might steal this idea for home, I did something similar before when I used to race.

36 minutes ago, babylon said:

Charging station, Was getting fed up of cables and lipo's all over the floor, Now all in one place.

20180127_165448_1.jpg20180204_172307_1.jpg20180204_172637_1.jpg20180204_172338_1.jpg

20180204_180522_1.jpg

What tool box did you use as i have the same charger , looks a great idea and saves keep putting them back in there boxes for the winter period .

This  one,  I just happened to have 3 new ones in the shed that I bough 4 years ago from Amazon  because they were cheap, Only paid 40 quid for the 3.

The charger fit right slap bang in the middle, in the two dividing slots.

$_58.JPGt

1 hour ago, babylon said:

20180204_180522_1.jpg

I have something similar for when using my telescope and dew heaters in a dark site

Neil

34 minutes ago, babylon said:

This  one,  I just happened to have 3 new ones in the shed that I bough 4 years ago from Amazon  because they were cheap, Only paid 40 quid for the 3.

The charger fit right slap bang in the middle, in the two dividing slots.

$_58.JPGt

Thanks ..

An orbital sander at work packed up last week and has a 22v 9A power supply, which I have now adapted to  use with a lipo charger. Its a bit on the small side but is good for 200w. So now to look for a charger to use with it

Saw a Nissan King Can Junior in the postie thread and remembered I had one from the 90s... my first Tamiya.  With some contact cleaner and wet and dry managed to get the corrosion off the contacts and get it driving again.  I even still have all the inserts for the wheels so it can drive on two.  Other than my awful painting only significant damage is the missing spotlights from the roll bar.

Now I want a 1/10 (or bigger) version...

• Like 1

Broke it... the Amewi SCT that is, hit a dustbin at full chat, broke the r/h steering knuckle and c-hub.  Now starting to realise the limitations of a less well known 'brand'... Apparently Helion Animus parts are the same, but 1. I can't find any of those in stock either, and 2. the stock plastic parts are so thin, I'm not sure I want another... :D  Well, I've ordered some ali knuckles and c-hub for the WLToys A959 line, much beefier, just hope they fit the Amewi arms, or the dremel may have to be pressed into action... again...

Funny, I was looking at the SC pro chassis this afternoon,  Thought it looked good, Also the first ever (What I've seen)1/8 belt driven buggy.

As much as we knock the lesser known manufacturers , At least they have done something different with that buggy and not just a variation on the standard layout, Hats off to them for that.

Come on,  Knuckle and C-Hub is not bad. 

46 minutes ago, babylon said:

Funny, I was looking at the SC pro chassis this afternoon,  Thought it looked good, Also the first ever (What I've seen)1/8 belt driven buggy.

As much as we knock the lesser known manufacturers , At least they have done something different with that buggy and not just a variation on the standard layout, Hats off to them for that.

Come on,  Knuckle and C-Hub is not bad. 

No, its not bad, in fact I rather like the challenge of finding other manufacturers / brands parts that could be 'made' to fit, but if I was just starting out in the hobby again, I could see the attraction of easily obtainable parts.

23 hours ago, Bix said:

Thats so cool! Really accurately scaled down too :good:

They're pretty neat. They make or did make a lot of the 1/32 scale range from the original 1/10 rc cars. Seems to be a craze on here at the moment :rolleyes:

I modified the roof rack's spotlight bar (yanked off the broken bit) and re-fitted the two smaller spotlights safely inside where they should now survive the occasional rollover incident :rolleyes:

20180205_215327-863x901.thumb.jpg.d7098165c87eab51698f51facd5b884c.jpg

12 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Rear wheels are on the wrong way round ;)

12 hours ago, yoodoo said:

I noticed that but I thought I'd get the answer that its rear wheel drive and the cheverons are like that for traction.....maybe wrong though.

J

I know, a Youtubist claimed that the tyres give better traction when fitted the wrong way round. I don't know any better so I'm experimenting on different surfaces to see if I can notice any difference.

Tarmac- no difference.

Mud and grass- no difference.

I have just two surfaces left to try- sand and pebbles, but I'm not expecting a revelation. A Lunchbox is what it is and really couldn't care less about it's tyres :D

11 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Not for going backwards... Woman driver and all that ;):lol: 

:ph34r:

The only time my Lunchbox ever goes backwards is when it's rebounding from whichever object I've just whacked it into! :lol:

• Haha 2