• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Yesterday but killed the shell

20150827_215528_zpsemdkff1k.jpg

Nice! I bought the carnage shell for my xt evo s put different MT wheels on it. It flipped once on landed on its roof and the cracks now look like a broken mirror. Gutted [emoji26] as I painted it my self and was my first Rc shell I painted.

Need a better quality shell me thinks.

309a91067033374d7811a6a8251aaae6.jpg

Lines of glue and clear gorilla tape

f6e3eb1855b15a3d4901a8c5499dd364.jpg

Edited by Rc lari

Had a play around with my Blitz and swapped the 18T pinion for a 23T makes a big difference but the biggest difference was when I lost drive. I managed to get it and have a look to find the pinion has come off completely which I found but the grub screw has new disappeared..... Not sure if its an Allen key issue or my grub screws are a weird size. Can anyone recommend a decent sent of small Allen keys

Had a play around with my Blitz and swapped the 18T pinion for a 23T makes a big difference but the biggest difference was when I lost drive. I managed to get it and have a look to find the pinion has come off completely which I found but the grub screw has new disappeared..... Not sure if its an Allen key issue or my grub screws are a weird size. Can anyone recommend a decent sent of small Allen keys

Turnigy hex drivers from Hobbyking. Cheap and effective.

• Like 1

Wired in a switch into the lights to be fitted to the Blue Thunder body on the E-Maxx.

No hurry to make any mistakes.

Best soldering I've done in ages TBH!

Al.

Picture!

I took the Tekno out (not the postman lol) and didn't do very well with it. It might be that the setup is wrong or that my driving style doesn't suit SCT. Others at my club run the same truck and do very well it, I dropped one lap to the second this week and the conditions were the same. I hope that it get to grips with it soon :(.

Did you remember to thread lock the grub screw when you installed the new pinion?

Nothing to photograph for now.

Have to keep an eye on the toddler for now. Lights are fitted - just a couple of strip led's, fitted inside.

Soldering - covered in heatshrink, and now taped in.

Found the failed Silverline 100W soldering iron wasn't close to the 100W Draper one I now have.

Many times it seems too hot - not used to that.

Got a new - to me - technique for soldering.

Strip the ends, twist all to be soldered together, soldering iron underneath and solder touching both - it was near exploding before with the heat!

Worked perfectly every time!

Al.

• Like 1

Did you remember to thread lock the grub screw when you installed the new pinion?

Ummmmm.... Shifty eyes yes!!!!! Lol well I did remeber afterwards....

Edited by Rc lari

Lol use medium compound for something like that. Leave the hard compound for big bolts. You'll round a grub screw out trying to remove it using that stuff. I use the soft compound stuff if if rounded out the thread in a plastic component. Works quite well...

Lol use medium compound for something like that. Leave the hard compound for big bolts. You'll round a grub screw out trying to remove it using that stuff. I use the soft compound stuff if if rounded out the thread in a plastic component. Works quite well...

243 type is good then will go out to van and get some I got 240 and 270 also.