• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

They're the metal ball ends to replace the plastic ones... No chance of snapping these now and they wear much much slower, so worth the investment IMO.

Cheers dude  :thumbsup:

Great fun mate. Dunno why i didn't get one earlier lol

So far ive done 4 tanks through the ESP so I'm still on base carb setting for a couple tanks yet (just to be safe) but it was clear straight away that the engine now revs so much better, Ibeednitro is making a vid up of her in action, fingers crossed he's nearly finished it

Great fun mate. Dunno why i didn't get one earlier lol

So far ive done 4 tanks through the ESP so I'm still on base carb setting for a couple tanks yet (just to be safe) but it was clear straight away that the engine now revs so much better, Ibeednitro is making a vid up of her in action, fingers crossed he's nearly finished it

It really is good, when it's all going well lol.

And sweet, I'm considering one of there head kits for my stock CY 26, just to pep it up a bit, without going overboard on power, is yours the race port or champ?

Had a good afternoon with the XRay at the track :)

First time i've driven a 1:8 buggy round a track, and the first time driving the track at all in about a month, and it's changed so much since i put anything round it last that i was effectively driving it for the first time again lol.

Managed to kill the steering servo in a crash involving two other buggies so pulled one off the Revo as it's fine with just one anyway.

Decided to have a drive of the T4, popped some spikey tyres on and a 2S pack. Found it was running hot, removed gear cover to check pinion size, found spur was wobbling, stripped gearbox, replaced knackered bearings, rebuilt it, replaced 17 tooth pinion with a 15 tooth.

Testing tomorrow.

• Like 1

Decided to have a drive of the T4, popped some spikey tyres on and a 2S pack. Found it was running hot, removed gear cover to check pinion size, found spur was wobbling, stripped gearbox, replaced knackered bearings, rebuilt it, replaced 17 tooth pinion with a 15 tooth.

Testing tomorrow.

T4?

More work on the track, this'll be the last week of major ground work before the mini digger goes away for a full rebuild as it's a bit tired.

Since i last updated we've reshaped and extended the landing on the mid field double as it was throwing the cars around on landing, we've also banked the following corner and reshaped the take off on the small jump immediately after.

The far right hander has now been banked steeply, it's now around four feet high so should be nice and rapid both after the straight or if the bust stop chicane is used.

de2bea3b2fb73f7497d5610686b32531.jpg

Once the digger comes back then the number one job is to rebuild the big tabletop, as that needs more or less a total make over.

Finished up my day by putting a couple of tanks through the XB9 to check top end and start tuning.

e9da21ba3fa1fff37477b1ccc378d877.jpg

Forgot how much i loved nitro!

Edited by Pistonhead

As I'm getting my Team Chase cage back, I decided to do what I should have done the first time round and bought a complete HPI 5SC rear bumper.

Put it on now just to see how it went on and make sure everything fits properly.

Quite like the look of it even as a buggy!

Hoping for a run out with it tomorrow.

IMG_4845_zps3x7yiica.jpg

IMG_4846_zpst6z3nm2t.jpg