• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Gave my firestorm a lovely hour long thrashing around my track which mr farmer kindly let me build!! Thankfully my mate was happy to do the refueling!!! Then we swapped so it was his turn to thrash his savage!!!! Oh and the joy of having a air compressor for cleaning!!!!

Soldered a Deans to a 3s pack. Incorrectly.

I've not yet tested my parallel balance board to see if it's dead!

The plan for tonight was to rebuild the front end of the EMB-1 as i believe a stone got jammed up there and out a crack in the main post, but somehow since the strip down and now, i have seem to have lost the bearings for it, so a quick last minute order to MS was made hoping to recieve them before the weekend

PS also somehow a HPI Q32 appeared in my basket and i could figure out how to remove it so i had to buy one of them also   *sarcastic sigh*

• Like 1

Got some time on the lathe and turned 4 more blanks to thickness for a set of beadlocks.  OD on each to do next and then 120 holes to transfer punch and drill  :shockingscary:

Helped with some much needed track maintenance at Cornwall RC Racing near Helston on the way home from work. As well as cleaning and re sanding the astro, sections are getting re profiled to make the track flow and undulate more as it's a bit flat at the moment

So far we've made the mid field jump the only choice and changed the ramps to make it a flowing double, we've nearly finished turn 2 and are currently starting changes to turns 3 and 4 as well as the short straight between them

04697a67b3aca5d92f3cbd24096beade.jpg

cb758f4d230895393c5039ca073c96df.jpg

c75e91d6ec8e1b8955ddcc3c5a75fbaf.jpg

5acaa3559529955886839e64c87d654b.jpg

• Like 2

Fitted warranty rose joint to irp turnbuckle and refitted them back to the 5sc, this time with standoff spacers which seem to give a lot more articulation in the turnbuckles.

Yesterday: Ragged PW silly on a couple of loose-surfaced car parks, one of which was actually on 4 different levels and had a few interesting features, the other one was just flat but empty. Both were perfect for the bonkers Hooligan, drifts, slides, donuts and flatout blasts a plenty, including a few multiple barrel rolls. Damage? NONE. 

Today: Took a shell from bag to painted. It's now tucked up in a box curing overnight. 

I cleared the shed out so the landlord can see where the rats & damp have trashed it. But I found a set of wheels & tyres that should fit the nitro circus mini monster truck. :) It might have some grip now .

Had my first play with an airbrush, like it :)

Cleaning the airbrush afterwards..... Not so much!

Shoe gued and fibre glass taped my lc racing mt shell as it felt bit flimsy just waiting for t bone thrasher bumper and she's finished

Bodged a gear from a tmaxx gearbox into the nitro circus mini monster trucks gearbox. Seeing as I've been waiting over a month for a replacement :/

9sv5uay.jpg?1

I broke a lower arm. Pretty sure the tree moved in the way at the last minute.

But I got to fit these nice Hot Racing sway bars as I broke a stock one

EIhrtBJ.jpg

Edited by mond

Went to the track after work to see how the changes are working.

Think this short video of one of the Hormanns going round answers that lol.

https://vimeo.com/130029348

He was clearing the double happily after he got used to the new layout but missed it with a flat phone battery.

More upgrades to the track to come this week with changes made to the start/finish straight.

• Like 1