• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Goosed my pinion and spur gear,suppose this gives me the oppurtunity to change the gearing ratio though to gain more speed ;)f87a011bfafca412afee0521bc33c800.jpg09bb2fa234b891d45748476ce90bba69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the fudge did you do that?

well as im a noob,i changed my brushed motor to brushless as u see and i just think i fitted the motor too tight with the pinion on the spur,

I think ya did mate! 

will this increase speed,? Iff poss id like to make it faster again,any reccomendations on pinion size and spur gear? Cheers

What were the temps like with the existing gearing?

Fitted the 2650kv Castle 1512 to the X1 CR Pro and a HN Battery tray.  Took it into the garden to test on 17/48... Have prob 60ft useable length which equated to one little quick blip of the throttle.  Me likey.

Temps of what sorry chewbacca,? The motor and esc got a little bit walm but nothing major atall,

Get yourself a temp gun fella, use it after every run to check the temps of your motor, ESC and battery. If your can and speedo got warm but not the pack, you should be ok with going up a tooth or two on the pinny. 

Painted this for the stampede 4x4

DSC02682_zpsf2748f34.jpg

A little while later it turn into this

DSC00132_zpso3xsf7yt.jpg

DSC00133_zps9lwiowmw.jpg

DSC00134_zpsvya9ajst.jpg

Nice job!

Looks like they've bolstered the rear where they tear on the body posts?

Nice job!

Looks like they've bolstered the rear where they tear on the body posts?

Thanks

Yeah the bulldog has the best mounting point on the rear IMO out of all the proline shells for the stampede ..

Edited by mydoddy69

Gave PW his first full throttle runs on 3s down at Ynys Hir sands, what an animal he is! I had him running a 23t pinny which is a bit too big for general bashing, I'm waiting on a 20t and 22t (ideally I want a 21t but I've been unable to locate one as yet). My thoughts on the quality of the plastics are being borne out, I didn't keep him on all four wheels all of the time and he's showing no signs of breakages/weakness yet. I love the self-righting ability of the rally shell. 

I parked PW on the roof of the car, shell off, to enable the sand to dry off and decided that Chevy Carnage had to taste 3s power at least once in his life! I popped the 22t pinny off the shaft and slipped a 19t on (volt up, gear down), plugged the pack in, popped the shell on and let rip. OMG!!!!!!!!!! Bearing in mind the fact that the can is 520kv higher than the one in PW and the tyres are significantly bigger, the speed was epic. I didn't really hit full throttle for more than a few seconds each run, I simply couldn't! I thought it was all over when the cartwheels started but he ended up on his wheels and I started to drive him back to me, only to find that steering was difficult. I limped him back to me and picked him up to inspect the damage. The left steering rod had popped off the arm at one end and very nearly off the other end. So there you have it, it is perfectly possible to bash the Carnage chassis on 3s and not catastrophically break anything. Even the diffs are still working. 

After a quick blast with BLBB, always fun, I decided to slow things down a bit and take Boudicca for a walk into the dunes, I wanted to preserve my 3s pack for the dunes so popped a 2s pack in and set off. Once at the dunes the 3s went in and I pointed Boudicca into the unknown, she's eaten a lot of my coin since I got her but finally she's the rig I always knew she could be. I've decided to trust the Hitec servo and do away with servo savers, a wise decision it would seem, the steering is spot on now. The 2 speed box is proving to be a good buy, giving her the pace to cover open ground and the torque to cope with the rough stuff. 

So all in all, a great afternoons bashing was had.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Get yourself a temp gun fella, use it after every run to check the temps of your motor, ESC and battery. If your can and speedo got warm but not the pack, you should be ok with going up a tooth or two on the pinny.

ok cheers mate temp gun in shopping basket lol,ill go up two teeth on the pinny then ;) what about spur gear same ratio as the existing one,?

ok cheers mate temp gun in shopping basket lol,ill go up two teeth on the pinny then ;) what about spur gear same ratio as the existing one,?

Yeah, keep the spur the same.

cheers mate,ive striped the hooligan down ready for gear changes etc,one thing could u help me with,how do i get the spur out,? a70bb0beb7ce1b6d9f066ac9868236f1.jpg63070d0f8b9f63c33f97ca811a7b5620.jpg

Undo the grub screw in the drive cup and remove it, undo the nut holding the spring on and the spur should then be removable. 

• Like 1