• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took the Slash out and it disappointed again, less than 30 seconds and the spur gear gave up under braking.

I don't think I have ever ran a 3s battery down to cut off in my slash.

I think I know why everyone ends up selling there slashs now :(

Sadly that's traxxas in general now, not just the slash, unless they improve their plastics I can see them disappearing out of the rc world. Traxxas plastics are like old Ferrero Rocher boxes and as brittle as glass. My traxxas rcs cause me much more pain than my hpi models.

Sadly that's traxxas in general now, not just the slash, unless they improve their plastics I can see them disappearing out of the rc world. Traxxas plastics are like old Ferrero Rocher boxes and as brittle as glass. My traxxas rcs cause me much more pain than my hpi models.

Traxxas won't go bust, the yanks love them.

Took the baja out for a blast. Gets home, turns it over to start cleaning and discover:

3 of the 4 bolts holding the 2 chassis parts together, missing and the 4th one loose :o

2 of the engine mount screws loose (probably due to the above)

And before anyone asks, yes i threadlocked them all with red threadlock. Now i need some more chassis screws and stronger threadlock!!!

Edited by YORKSHIRENEO

Fitted 2s lipo to the Losi micro truggy, it was fast for about 10 mins then stripped the pinion. Ordered new pinion. Took scout crawler out over local rocky area, went great until front wheel wedged itself in between two rocks and the hub split open. More parts ordered, and a temporary bodge is underway.

Finished stripping the Clod down, put all the greasy bits in degreaser and filled the shock bodies with grease to give a quieter ride. Also ordered the full bearing set from RC Bearings. 

Loctite on centre front drive cup, and modded Ackerman link on sct. Drove up and down alley and seems good. Steering a bit quick now slop gone but nothing broke and lvc kicked in at sensible volts.

Took Super 5sc, Scorpion and the Budget-Maxx out tonight with Knov, all three ran beautifully.

Super 5sc ran perfectly with no thermalling.

Scorpion was a handful with just 2wd, but still fun on 6s.

Budget-Maxx didn't miss a beat, even when she head-butted an iron railing fence! Just a slight bend to a turnbuckle, the T-bone and RPM wishbones did their job.

Happy days.

Finally managed to get the sc10 4x4 fit for its first test run..................... And I'm pleased to report that for the time being, all is well, bar a bit of on-power understeer.

Bent a front dog bone down at the skate park and took quite a pounding......I tell you, really happy how the Vandal jumps, although it do a lot of belly slapping.

Now the dog bone is repairable I reckon, but is it best to bend it cold, or under heat?

Cleaned and re oiled the air filters on the blackout and baja.took the blackout for a quick blip out front and noticed some major servo glitching,charged the hump pack and now seems fine.either the faults intermittent or that's its way of tell me it needs charging :)

Bent a front dog bone down at the skate park and took quite a pounding......I tell you, really happy how the Vandal jumps, although it do a lot of belly slapping.

Now the dog bone is repairable I reckon, but is it best to bend it cold, or under heat?

Dog bone? Vandal has CVDs up front. Heat I would say. 

I've gone CVDs all round on Carnage, might do the same with Vandal. 

First time soldering. Not very good is an understatement but it worked. Need 3 hands...

73a5ed58a12267168a349c5ad0d12b84.jpg

Micro rs4 now fitted with deans connectors.

daedc83d123007dcf5e963338311fd4b.jpg

U need helping hands :)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151077504726