• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

That Wraith looks good, but needs a driver!!

Finally got a lot of general jobs done on the house, with a little 'free time' whilst the family was out.

Fitted 2x 18t pinions on the much-mentioned in various threads centre transfer box modified to Mod1 in the Bigfoot and also finally refitted the alloy gearbox, then the Punisher II shafts - looking better.

Al.

Flew the bixler finally Rather like how easy it to fly also the fact it hates to land it just glides for ages.
Also i found out i'm still terrible flyer without FPV gear so i'm either going to get some cheaper for now i work out a system so i can swap from the DISCO at the field.
Only nick is the "stickers" are still as useless as all the other hobbyking products feels like the stick them on with the saliva of a 92 year old man. Oh and also it barely fits in my 3 series but it does fit! and thats all that matters

Had my very first 3s LiPO experience in my truggy.....(only ever used 7.2v NiMH's before).....Hhhhhhoooollllllyyyyyyy cow that's whole different ball game..

I went for 2s first to get used to the power. 7.2 to 11.1 is just barmy! 

I went for 2s first to get used to the power. 7.2 to 11.1 is just barmy!

I know now.....i thought well it will be a bit faster. ....nothing really prepared me for what happened, but good fun..i must admit though great for open flat fields. so will keep it for that and for keeping the dog fit...and will get 2 2s for every day off road bashing as the speed of the 3c is awesome but unsable offroading and in the skate parks and bmx tracks. Edited by jp79er
  • Like 1

Snapped my new hubsan x4 shell on one of the arms. The original red shell was very strong but my hong kong jobbie from ebay was crap.

Just ordered a new one and 4 new motors for

Edited by RevoMikey

Stripped the car down, to clean and realised why it's was very lively on the back end yesterday in the evening....i was thinking it was damp grass....nope....The grub screw for the cup end of the main drive shaft had unwound turning my 4x4 in 2wd on the rear.....so all stripped apart and clean ready to fight another day.

Posted by me ????

Edited by jp79er

Actaully... managed to re wind my Hyper SS pullcord.

The metal spring had snapped right where it attaches to the bobbin so I took the little snapped piece out and reworked the the end of the spring steel to fit into the slot and started winding it round again, lined it up with the case, clipped the other end into the case, pushed in and the cord retracted itself, job done. 

Saved me

Errmm...

10718dbb7e53bdb37c9e9ee0f73252d1.jpg2cceefa04e114aa8a10eebc785a190da.jpgb04a8788e83c0a2c4bc01671cccddc85.jpg

Silly I know but left them on charge and somehow a fire started in our wooden garage, luckily was just going out to check and was hit by smoke, had to shovel them out as quickly as possible!! 3 3s batteries gone so on the downside my firestorm will be running on nimh for the moment. Ahahha

Said to my dad it was his drillbits (pictured) or the garage, I think he understood... :-P

Errmm...

10718dbb7e53bdb37c9e9ee0f73252d1.jpg2cceefa04e114aa8a10eebc785a190da.jpgb04a8788e83c0a2c4bc01671cccddc85.jpg

Silly I know but left them on charge and somehow a fire started in our wooden garage, luckily was just going out to check and was hit by smoke, had to shovel them out as quickly as possible!! 3 3s batteries gone so on the downside my firestorm will be running on nimh for the moment. Ahahha

Said to my dad it was his drillbits (pictured) or the garage, I think he understood... :-P

Lucky boy! Perhaps a lesson learned - don't leave your lipo's charging unattended........especially in a wooden shed :lol:

Fitted new dog bones, just right length, on the point of binding at max suspension compression..and that's using different stub axles which let me fit normal 12mm hexes with no slop / shims needed.  A quick test drive seemed fine, nice long wheelies in the wet.

Swapped the aluminium Ackerman link back to the plastic one..alloy one had loads of slop.  Might make my own.

Found my bodge press fit pistons didn't stay on shock shaft (surprise!) so need to machine them down to 2mm thick somehow so i can fit an e clip.

Also ordered a complete set of bearings + spares from rcbearings.co.uk