• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Whats your bigest rc FAIL!

Redneck29

Some good ones here! :xd:

Mine was a good few years ago with my brand new Schumacher Menace .21; My first nitro. Was just breaking it in around a local car park, was out with my brother and a few mates. I was only the 2nd or 3rd tank through and starting to cruise it around a little faster. Anyone who know's about the Menace knows that it was stupidly fast; faster than anything I had ever seen before. So here I was going maybe quarter throttle and taking it easy when my mate, growing increasingly bored, asked for a shot. I let him and he was being a little too throttle happy for my liking, especially as it was just getting ran in and the car park was not the biggest. I took the controller back claiming that you had to follow the break-in procedures, but that I would show them a little bit of what it could offer.

I lined up the car on the largest straight possible and gave it a bit of welly to show what it could do. Only issue was that I wasnt aware thatI was standing at pretty much the end of that straight and would have no time to stop as it passed me going at speed.

Sure enough I didn't, smacked straight into a curb and a completely mangled the front of my brand new car. The chassis was bent, and quite a few of the front end plastic parts were broken too. Cost over

Edited by Leitch

showing off out the front of my house when i first got my slash, done a WOT run an somehow i just froze and took my legs clean out , tried to do the whole i meant to do that as all the kids on the estate was watching but i dont think it worked lol

showing off out the front of my house when i first got my slash, done a WOT run an somehow i just froze and took my legs clean out , tried to do the whole i meant to do that as all the kids on the estate was watching but i dont think it worked lol

Haha now thats a dumb fail lol

Driving my slash at full throttle into my right foot! Broke my 1st metatarsal. Currently learning to walk again. On my 9th week of recovery.

Ouch. The more i think about this the more i may get me and the wife a 3ed party insurence now we have 1/5 car

I saw a massive bit of bulding steel, it was steel wires crisscrossing to make squares about 15 cm across. Forgetting the wheels on my ansmann virus are about 4cm wide i gunned it towards this `ramp`. my tires went straight through the wire squares adn the frnt of my car hit the wire. there was a few tense moments until i found out nothing had broken!!

Another time i ws with my mate in a skate park with my 1 18 SCT. I had fitted a 3c lipo to it and managed to under estimate how powerfull it was. I went straight for the biggest ramp (about 2.5m high) and my car went straight up, cleared the railings (1.5m further) and managed to go 2 metres higher straight up!! it came down upside down, and also managed to survive, although the servo and battery leads had been pulled out!

Right where do I start :lol:

First nitro, had a runaway with it, crashed into one of them school dinner tables outside a cricket clubhouse, thankfully no damage to the car or tr people at the table :)

Let someone have a go with my plane, nearly hit two old ladies then binned it into a tree, then I tried picking the engine up :rofl:

Brakes decided to die on the Baja so had to dive in front of it so it didn't hit a crowd

Jumped my ST pro, battery moved and spur gear munched through it!

Superglued lots of RC tyres to my hand :lol:

Best has to go to my dad though,

Flooded an engine, took glow plug out, went to put the plug back in with the glow starter, bug bang :lol:

Not mine but a good friend came out a few times with me an my kyosho sandmaster an he decided he wanted to get a car I advised him to start with a electric tamiya anyway the next day he rang me an said iv been an got a car so I asked which one? He said iv got the rtr version of yours an then said can you show me how to get it started so I said dont try to use it and ill be round in an hour and when I got there he didn't look very happy. I said what have u done an he got the car an it was in two half's he had started the car not checked.the garb an it shot off straight into the wall an smashed lol

Not from me, but there were a bunch of middle aged guys in the local park flying rc planes, there was a mid-air collision, these were rather large planes.

Loud bang, they both hit the ground, i hate to think how much it cost to repair them. Me and a few other guys helped pick up the plane pieces scattered across the ground.

Looks fun as hell but really dangerous though.

I let my ex girlfriend have a go on my first ever nitro car, an hpi rs4 with a freshly run in and tuned nosram rs.18 fitted. We were running on a homebase carpark, she seemed to be getting the hang of it then bumped a kirb, the bump damaged the throttle servo lead ( so I discovered after). The car somehow managed to line itself up and preceded to go full throttle to top speed across the full length of the car park aimed directly at a kirb. It stopped dead when it hit. The chassis bent 90 degrees on the front pushing the suspension through the fuel tank , nitro everywhere!

My mate who was there was laughing uncontrollably as I shouted at her. He claims me shouting at her to stop it and her asking why It's not working followed by the smash was one of the funniest things he has ever seen.

She soon became my ex. And I have still never forgiven her lol

I can think of a couple. The throttle arm on the carburetor came loose on my mgt causing the truck to shoot off at full speed. I applied the brakes which slowed it down a little until they got to hot and melted the gearbox casing. I eventually managed to overturn the truck and i ran over to it and squeezed the rubber exhaust pipe to stop the engine.

The other one was when the throttle servo failed on my tomahawk st and it shot accross a car park straight into a kerb. The fuel tube came off the carb so the engine stopped fairly quickly. Was a bit of a mess and it needed lots of parts replacing but I got the parts at cost price when I told the guy in the shop what had happened.

Managing to precisly crash my Savage X into a wooden block exactly the same width as the chassis so it didnt bounce off the wheels, ohhhh no. it pushed the drivshafts right back completely mucking up the gearbox along with many other drivetrain items.

Although now i come to thing of it the chassis wasnt bent at all. not bad for a 30-40mph crash...

not sure if this is my biggest but its the most recent screw up, we got to the quarry i sat down and turned on my tx then done usual other stuff and put my hyper 7 black on the starter box, woot engine going hmm that sounds a bit more revving than usual so i put the car on the ground and it revs of straight towards a massive pile of boulders, i grab the tx and think wtf nothings responding so i run after the car and smack right into the big pile of boulders.

i forgot to turn on the receiver lol (my hyper 7 black wont prime fuel unless the throttles on so i moved the throttle servo manually and forgot to turn on receiver before starting it on my box after priming) too its credit it was only a very cheap small part that broke :)

another recent one with heli's im used to a mcx and msr plus a 120 sr so i was confident on trying out dads new mcpx, dad said take it easy with it its twicthy im like nae bother ill master it and whacked on the throttle and lost control nearly cut of my ear lobe, blood pouring out lol

then thinking id learned how it handles i done the same again and smacked my head with the rotor blades about 10 minutes later lol

Edited by Yrkoon

mine are minor ones but within 2 weeks of getting started.

firstly not putting towel under car, nitro dripp + varnished table = big white patch.

then when i was trying to prime the car ( blowing down pressure line ) so i then thought i flooded it so tried the opposite, hence my name and i could just picture having half a tongue left so ran to sink to wash mouth out and then spat into some draining pasta. Then i turned down the servo strength and crashed into wall. not a brilliant start to nitro :xd: