• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

• 1 month later...

Build is comming closer:

CyOVEJe.jpg

KsANFVC.jpg

ZtnwShE.jpg''

IRC shocks were dope but I had to drill larger holes in the pistons because even with 32wt oil there was almost no bound or rebound. IRC sell dual rate pistons though but I fixed the issue myself :). Other than that I am waiting on some new castor blocks, steering hubs and rear bearing carrier and some 18mm offset hex hubs. All alloy parts from integy.

Initially I had alloy shock towers and RPM a-arms but it didn't work so well with LST shocks so I am back to stock using IRC upper shock mounts and IRL lower 6mm spacers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well really peed off was breaking in my brand new savage x4.6.  was on my 2nd tank when the engine started screaming like the throttle was wide open and I thought it was gonna explode so I managed to stop it and on close inspection the spur gear is missing about 5 teeth and the clutch bell also looks like the teeth are worn a little bit. Did I mention this is a brand new truck . It's seems to be a common problem what is a good fix for this do you think they where not set properly in the first place.  Cheers guys 

Sorry to resurrect an old post but mine did this 5 times which led to me chucking it in a corner and forgetting about it for a couple of years. This year I’m determined to get it going properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DannyP said:

Probably my favourite land based Rc I have owned. Awesome truck prefer it nitro over BL.

Taking mine for a blast tomorrow, bit of gearbox tuning needed but hopefully won't take to long.

i know what you mean, electric is a bit easier, but its not got the smell and the sound. :D 

• Like 1

I've still got all of mine. All different types. 5.9 xl with an sh28 motor. Flux with home made 6mm lwb tvp's. Std length irc with big bore shock conversion. Lwb irc with race kit. Totally std one built from spares but never run oops. Probably more I've forgotten! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bikerboysmiler said:

Liking the 25 in the background! I've just joined because I'm converting my 25SS to electric for a bit of fun. Not got a pic just yet...

Thanks, its a 3speed and one of my favorite trucks. If you're converting a 25 to electric, I recommend you upgrade to 4 gear diffs. The standard 2 gears diffs will get chewed pretty fast from all that extra torque. Lets see some pics when you can, can never have too much Savage these days 😀

Kinda miss my Flux's. I've had 4 I think, One I made into 1/5th, One started life as a .21 Nitro and got the full works, one was a genuine FLUX HP Which got upgraded to XL, then I had an Alphastar 2350. The Alphastar box stock on 4s was probably the best of the lot for use. Same a I ruined it and made it XL/MMM/6S. I'll dig some pics out after work

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Kinda miss my Flux's. I've had 4 I think, One I made into 1/5th, One started life as a .21 Nitro and got the full works, one was a genuine FLUX HP Which got upgraded to XL, then I had an Alphastar 2350. The Alphastar box stock on 4s was probably the best of the lot for use. Same a I ruined it and made it XL/MMM/6S. I'll dig some pics out after work

Good stuff 👍 shame its all moved on but can't complain about an XMaxx as a replacement. The 2350 Alphastar is an underrated gem imo, maybe the ESCs are a little flaky but the the less powerful motor suits the short wheelbase Savage quite nicely. Much tamer, more stable driving experience. Plus that gorgeous blue version of the HP body 🤤 

Well here's a few pics of my Savage. I've lost track of what mods it had, suspension bracing, modified shocks, HD dogbones. Most upgrading was around the engine and then putting the power down. It (had) a Hot Bodies 4.26cc 'big block' with upgraded clutch and spur clutch and gearing to put down the power. But I'd just removed the engine to clean it up for the electric conversion and thought to snap some photos.

af2005ed035115d01a15d8a0f33b97b7.jpg

fba340411480555c42dc9319473f5da5.jpg

c1268719b6e564c9e6f04852f8fcf6da.jpg

Soon it'll have been redirected into a new era of raw electric power and clean quiet fun!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1