• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ever had one of those days?

gavinc

So went out for a bash today, full of excitement after spending 3 hours getting all my cars running nicely. Replaced a few broken bits, replaced a rear diff, soldered and wired up my new motor and esc combo for my Hyper leccy 7 conversion.

Its been a good 3 weeks since the weather has been good enough for a decent bash so was really looking forwards to it.

First car up was my new Hyper leccy conversion. 2 mins runtime before I cartwheel it and break a steering hub..... Game over.

Next up was my Emaxx Brushless, must of got at most 1 minute into the run before I drive into a hidden tree root. Snapped *RPM* front A-arm..... Game over.

Next up was my E-revo, must of got ooooo all of 5 minutes before the pinion comes loose, strips and gets jammed on the end of the motor shaft. I have a spare pinion with me, but gave up on the field repair when I reaslised the pinion was mangeled onto the motor shaft and stuck tight (just spent an hour hammering it off.....)

So basically in less than 10 minutes run time I had busted everything we had with us in the car with the exception of our Slash 4x4 which my son didn't want to run solo, so we came home :(

Gutted!

Edited by gavinc

Nice. I guess you got all the luck today.

So I busted a C hub on the front of my hyper today. Is that a common breakage? Should I stock up? Or is there a good hop up? Or was I just plain unlucky?

front hub on mine is cracked... but havent broken one in ages.... so i would say freak... you running a t bone bumper?

Nope is the tbone bumper a good upgrade. Got a link pls matey?

I used to have loads of days like this.

Then I bought an E-Firestorm.

It's only that and the TA05 on the track where I've run out of batteries before the car has broken.

Well I have two Rustlers that are bomb proof but once you get used to 4wd you never go back so barely run them these days and the slashs is like the duracell bunny! Just didn't want to stand in the cold watching my son bash it about :-)

Still can't believe I busted a rpm a arm!

Edited by gavinc

Nice. I guess you got all the luck today.

So I busted a C hub on the front of my hyper today. Is that a common breakage? Should I stock up? Or is there a good hop up? Or was I just plain unlucky?

http://store.rc4wd.com/Aluminum-CNC-Knuckles-for-MadForce-TwinForce_p_236.html

indestructable , and fit hyper !

:lol:

Yep i've had days like that.

Last bash the Firestorm carb linkage broke during startup, the Tyre shreaded on the ERevo within min's and the shock ends came off the MRC.

Only thing that's usually running after a bash is me Blitz :confused:

I've had plenty of days like that, it's why I never take just one truck out, gotta have a back-up, but it can still go belly up on ya.

Edited by mrclive

I've had plenty of fays like that, it's why I never take just one truck out, gotta have a back-up, but it can still go belly up on ya.

I thought 3 cars would be plenty backup! You know you are having a bad day though when something RPM breaks though....

Just got my Emaxx and e-revo back on the road and heading back out with those two + the slash 4x4. Here's hoping I don't have another daily disaster! :D

They hyper will have to wait until next weekend, its a 2 hour round trip to the nearest hobby store thats open on a Sunday and that has the part I need (this is not a hobby for the impatient like me....)

Shame because my Hyper 7 bugger conversion is soooo much fun and I just had to wait two weeks to get the MMM combo for it grrrrr

Hi.I've just finished trashing rear diffs in the MMM'd summit.Now I've moved onto driveshafts,broke 2 in 10 mins yeterday. Snapped a pin in one,ripped the pin out of the other. The summits still tougher than the 3.3 maxx :)

Edited by NOFX

Yes we all have dodgy days mate,

Got my erevo out for a test run about two weeks ago, after stripping it down and cleaning and rebuilding it with new or improved parts. So i switch everything on for the grand voyage and it wheelies into action for about ten yards and all i can hear is this very hi-pitched sound :o i thought what hell is that? I have a look and the spur gear has stripped!

Back home then, replace spur gear in a bit of a rush to get back in to the action. And Again the same sound but this time around only a few yards in front. So took a break and had about five smokes lol and went home. Took my time setting it up. Went to the back yard and give it a quick belt, and hey presto she was firing on full cylinders at last.

We all have them days to be honest and yeah it can be a swine when you have put some time into your little machine and it all goes belly up and you see "others" zipping around in a stock contraption :blush:

Ya I hear ya.

So rounded up my weekend by frying my trackstar 150a esc on my emaxx!

That's :- 1 rpm A-arm, 1 pinion, 1 hyper c hub and an esc. In < 15 mins runtime :good:

Clearly the r/c gods hate me. :lol:

I had the bottom of a shock unscrew yesterday dumping its oil all over the wishbone.