• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick's Slash 4x4 "Powered by Insanity" Project ...(MGM X-Series ESC PICS! MUST SEE!)

Nick

yeah, for the money they make they could at least delegate a european dealer as there european warranty manager or so, its annoying. I ones had to send a MMM ESC to HPI, took 2 months to get it back, all they did was replaced it... pathetic. They might have a supiriour customer service over cheapo hong kong stuff, but tbh, I can't be asked sending anything to the states again for repair.

Lehner is a top brand Nick, there are many good european brands: plettenberg and kontronik are good as well. Years back, brushless was just new, I got a Kontronik set, was dead expensive, but well worth the money, no one else had brushless at that time, I had lots of fun ;) once you got something from Kontronik, you can send it in quickly, for bearings, resoldering and all that stuff. they even replace to new stuff for 60% of new price. Once i sent in my old (out of warranty) broken Twist motor and asked for a new Kira which I got :good:

Hope you get it sorted Nick, want to see you driving next week, you promised i can touch those AA sized caps haha

Opened rear diff up and it was liquid. :lol: Gears not to be found. :rofl: Just chucked the whole diff assembly, housing and all in the bin.

:rofl:

Shame about having to send the motor back.

Are you getting Neu to replace it AND buying a Lehner? Or are you going to run the Neu until your wallett feels too heavy again? :P

yeah, for the money they make they could at least delegate a european dealer as there european warranty manager or so, its annoying. I ones had to send a MMM ESC to HPI, took 2 months to get it back, all they did was replaced it... pathetic. They might have a supiriour customer service over cheapo hong kong stuff, but tbh, I can't be asked sending anything to the states again for repair.

Lehner is a top brand Nick, there are many good european brands: plettenberg and kontronik are good as well. Years back, brushless was just new, I got a Kontronik set, was dead expensive, but well worth the money, no one else had brushless at that time, I had lots of fun ;) once you got something from Kontronik, you can send it in quickly, for bearings, resoldering and all that stuff. they even replace to new stuff for 60% of new price. Once i sent in my old (out of warranty) broken Twist motor and asked for a new Kira which I got :good:

Hope you get it sorted Nick, want to see you driving next week, you promised i can touch those AA sized caps haha

I dont understand those k otronik motors

They say max cell count is up to 32 but they only hae a 60amp rating. Would 32 cells not melt the things

I dont understand those k otronik motors

They say max cell count is up to 32 but they only hae a 60amp rating. Would 32 cells not melt the things

looks like HV setups. more volts, less amps, same power but cooler. i also think that by cells they mean nimhs.

So this motor and the equivalent castle 100amp or whatevr it is would have the same power but the kontronik would run cooler.

Would that motor be any good in a 1/8th set up??

i think we are steeling nicks thread... depends on what motor you look... look at the kiras.

Nick instead of taking it all apart try and convert it into a backslash for better handling then you will get those insane high speed runs you were looking forgood.gif other than that insane machine great work

Edited by Apexx

Hey guys!

Here it is, the LAST video.

Sadly, my Neu 1527 magnets shattered at the end of the video (making it suddenly stop). I am not impressed with Neu, I won't reccomend them or use them again. The issues with the miniature grub screws holding the can in, then it to fail like this, is very poor for such a "high quality" and expensive motor.

On the other hand, I really need to give MGM Compro credit, that ESC is fantastic, I love it, you've seen me run it and it's taken all the beatings! Such amazing controllers. :good:

I hope to run a smaller MGM ESC and either a cheap motor or Lehner motor in the Slash on 3s very soon. :)

Thank-you for watching!