• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick's Slash 4x4 "Powered by Insanity" Project ...(MGM X-Series ESC PICS! MUST SEE!)

Nick

fits nicely, well modded!

3s was crazy, cant wait to see what it does on 6s... i guess the whole chassis just twists arround your new stainless steel center shaft.... "a slash on a stick"

Jeeeeeeeeez H Chris.

It took me 3 painful hours to program the ESC,

Because BECs are usually ran with lower voltages, this ESC doesn't have one (a BEC for 60v would be huge!!!). So I had to run an external power supply, which was my VXL connected to my RX, essentially 1 ESC powering the RX and the other for throttle. :lol:

What a carry on, majorly irritating but I think it's ready. Has issues running on 3s but it's fine on 6s... oh well, haha. More programming required I guess.

Here's pics of my lexan ESC mount and my desk at 1:15am from a good night setting the blooming thing up!!! It's like a computer to configure!!!

med_gallery_267_981_82461.jpg

med_gallery_267_981_69617.jpg

The black gunge under the plate is silicone, it's mounted at 4 screw points that are secure, the silcone just acts as a surface really so the lexan can't bend. It raises the ESC off the ribbed chassis, saves me cutting away at it and weakening the structure. :good:

gallery_267_981_19938.jpg

If your after a BEC i'm running the CC BEC and found it fantastic.

Programmable with the castlelink as well :good:

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html

I'm using the smaller 10a one in my crawler and it's more than for even 300+ oz/in servo's.

How does the Esc run though, it must have an internal BEC to run itself?

Or does that also need a 6v supply?

If your after a BEC i'm running the CC BEC and found it fantastic.

Programmable with the castlelink as well :good:

http://www.castlecre...ucts/ccbec.html

I'm using the smaller 10a one in my crawler and it's more than for even 300+ oz/in servo's.

How does the Esc run though, it must have an internal BEC to run itself?

Or does that also need a 6v supply?

The problem with having a switch mode BEC for that voltage range is that it would be too big - its more efficient to have an external one on such high rated ESC's.