• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo Brushless with a few Mods

Granby

Got a e-revo brushless roller a while back, all standard but had a few mods planned for it biggrin.gif

E-Revo3.jpg

E-Revo6.jpg

Ordered a CC 2200 motor & MMM esc from the states, while i was waiting for them did a couple of things to the revo

Front & rear sway bars

RadioControl031.jpg

RadioControl032.jpg

Added HPI blast wheels with HPI gorliath tyres

RadioControl037.jpg

RadioControl040.jpg

RadioControl041.jpg

Motor & esc arrived in about 2 weeks so they were fitted along with a castle fan

RadioControl035.jpg

RadioControl036.jpg

I did find that the motor does move a bit on the motor plate affecting the mesh, so after a little searching i found a rear motor support, that arrived in a couple of days from Germany and now the motor is firmly supported

RadioControl030.jpg

One last thing i've done is to do away with the body clips and secure the body shell with velcro only on the battery compartment covers, still use the body pins to locate the bodyshell

RadioControl033.jpg

Well i think that's it for now but i'm sure i will find something else to mod soon biggrin.gif

Edited by Granby
  • Like 1

Thanks, yes the support is only for the e-revo and the cc 2200 motor only http://www.hpp-germa...m/factory-shop/

thnx mate

now to figure out a way to bodge, i mean fabricate, a way to fit that in a hyper 7 conversion as i'm sure thats why mine wont mesh properly.

motors the same dimensions but obviously a totally different fitting method is required.

Looking good mate :good:

I did the same for holding the shell down on my E-Revo, much firmer now. Still waiting on my MMM combo, ordered on the 23rd

Did you get taxed?

Yeah it's a much better way and quicker to put on & remove

I did get taxed but not as much as maybe it should of been if you get my drift wink.gif

Edited by Granby

• 1 month later...

The first thing ur break is the plastic driveshafts. I keep breaking the steel traxxas upgrade versions with 6s! I Just ordered some hopefully more beefy cvds from AsiaTees Hobbies, plus a few other little bits.

I'm amazed those batterys fitted a standard battery compartment. I got carried away and brought a set of turnigy 3s 5800mah 30c lipos which unfortunately don't fit to well as the door is a arse to shut now.

The first thing ur break is the plastic driveshafts. I keep breaking the steel traxxas upgrade versions with 6s! I Just ordered some hopefully more beefy cvds from AsiaTees Hobbies, plus a few other little bits.

I'm amazed those batterys fitted a standard battery compartment. I got carried away and brought a set of turnigy 3s 5800mah 30c lipos which unfortunately don't fit to well as the door is a arse to shut now.

I don't know how you keep breaking CVD's, so far on 6S I've broken just 1 driveshaft, and that was in the snow. Loosen your slipper a bit...

E-Revo's looking great mate! Love the lights :good: