• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Blitz ESE

Garry

The other thing to remember is that the Firestorm is aimed at the Rustler (a pure bashing truck) whilst the Blitz is aimed more at the SC10 (a racing truck primarily) than the Slash. Hence a bunch of racy upgrades for the Blitz. Its all about target markets.

Anyway - Betting pool time!

How long before Associated launch an SC10 Factory Team to compete with this? They could do it with already in stock parts (graphite bits, gearbox and ball diff from the T4FT for example) so its not like it needs designing.....

I'm 90% sure it'll happen, though recently they did an SC10-specific ball diff so you don't need the T4 diff, T-Plate and gearbox casing.

I don't think it needs FT-ising though, the stiffer parts wouldn't really help it. The only FT bits worth having are the diff and threaded shocks, but even then, they aren't hugely essential. Though the anti-roll bar on the back of my SC10 helped it loads! :D

it annoys me that there are no hopups for the firestorm yet loads of people have them

but they make a white version of the blitz ?

hmmm hpi have got it all wrong yet soooo right

In all fairness, the firestorm doesnt really need any hop ups.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a release date yet and a confirmed price? Not found much online sadly.

Release date should be around April or May, I'm not sure though. As for the price, around $240 in the US. Link

Edited by Menagruth

• 2 weeks later...

I just received emails from Modelsport and Tower Hobbies both saying they have no idea when the stock will be due. A minimum of 2 months... so, do I hang on, swap it for a normal Blitz or an SC10 Pro...?

SC10 pro! associated stuff is top notch... i noticed the blitz is already in your signature :P

Matt's SC10 went really well considering the abuse he gave it. laugh.gif

Yep, I was trying my hardest to break a wishbone/shock tower/caster block/hub carrier etc as I had loads of spares, but didn't break one. All I broke was the diff (known weak point on early ones) and i've bent the slipper shaft.

Matt

• 1 month later...