• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy LiPo packs

PH1

I only have 4 hard cased packs, and that's for club running when / if my lad starts with his RC10

All my off road bashing packs are soft case and get proper abused.

New Savage FLux will be running soft cased 3s packs too.

good.gif

im not sure how soft a soft case is you see, never saw one, jus tworrid about transporting it in my tool box etc.

The shrink wrap is pretty thick and just put them in a thick bag or just transport them in a LiPo charge bag (this is how I transport mine around in my backpack)

falconrcs have got those hardcased lipos in stock 19 inch guns! they say there in stock on the site? tempted myself.

They have 1 left. They had 3, i tried to order 4 and it wont let me. So i ordered 2 as an odd number is no good

add it to your basket and try and add a 2nd one ;)

Are TRX any better? Are they easier to install?

WAAAAY easier mate!! You take the contact out of the casing for starters so no chance of melty, melty ruination and just clip 'em back in! Only small problem can be over exhuberance in the solder deposititation department but you can just sand/file that off, I do!

WAAAAY easier mate!! You take the contact out of the casing for starters so no chance of melty, melty ruination and just clip 'em back in! Only small problem can be over exhuberance in the solder deposititation department but you can just sand/file that off, I do!

Yea i just pulled one apart, Not sure its worth changing 10 battery packs and 3 ESC's however ;) Thanks

Yea i just pulled one apart, Not sure its worth changing 10 battery packs and 3 ESC's however wink.gif Thanks

I got some tips on soldering connectors off you tube. My connectors are traxxas so I watched this vid by squirrel, thought it was very good and the general tips on soldering are true for all connectors I feel.

Just did a quick search for similar vids on deans connectors and there are a few, haven't watched them though so not sure if they are any good.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+solder+deans+connectors&search_type=&aq=0&oq=how+to+solder+deans

At the end of the day though its the iron that makes it simple. I used a 40w for my first go and it worked but it was a bit of a struggle and I noticed that as I had to hold the iron against the wire for ages to get a good solder the heat (and eventually the solder) travelled up the wire which made the wire near the connector very stiff and I was worried about the Lipo getting damaged.

So for my next set I bought an 80W from my (not so) local hobby store for 12 quid. It made it *so* much easier.

I've just ordered 5 packs so I'll soon find out what they are like compared to what I'm used to.

Upto now I've always bought the highest quality packs I could get my hands on - Flightpower then got the new Nosram race packs. Price wise, it's

I've just ordered 5 packs so I'll soon find out what they are like compared to what I'm used to.

Upto now I've always bought the highest quality packs I could get my hands on - Flightpower then got the new Nosram race packs. Price wise, it's

Yea i just pulled one apart, Not sure its worth changing 10 battery packs and 3 ESC's however wink.gif Thanks

Hmm, yes, yes it would seem your logic cannot be faulted. You may have won this battle 19" Guns but the battle, goes on..................MWWAHAAHAA!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Our MERV Lipo's just arrived yesterday from HobbyKing,

4 Days after they were posted, 1 week from ordering.

And that's on the cheapest postage option.

2 Now fitted with TRX connectors balanced and run, just soldering the last 2 now.

good.gif

Anyone know how long hobby king take to restock, think balance on the 5000mah hardcases are currently at -217 or something, so when they get them in , how many do they get and what is frequency, anyone with experience please.

Also how about the turnigy lipo charger / balancer, compared to the elysium lx41 for instance ?

cheers

Ade

Anyone know how long hobby king take to restock, think balance on the 5000mah hardcases are currently at -217 or something, so when they get them in , how many do they get and what is frequency, anyone with experience please.

Also how about the turnigy lipo charger / balancer, compared to the elysium lx41 for instance ?

cheers

Ade

when my lipos where out of stock it was about a week before they were instock again

you might want to backorder, they will get over a thousand in but they wont last long