• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dont buy a ansmann kryptonite

ian42

Hi i,m new to this forum so hope i,ve posted this in the right place . I bought a ansmann kryptonite from speedy models in preston 4 weeks ago since then the car has only been with me 2 of them 4 weeks . After only having the car 4 days the rear diff failed so i took the car back to speedy models to have this repaired they had the car a week and a half .I then got the car back 2 days latter the rear diff failed again so this time i got in touch with ansmann uk . They said send the car back to the shop and get them to send it back to ansmann and they will carry out the repair . I did this and got the car back last wednesday took it out friday and guess what yes the rear diff failed once again . I have spoken to speedy models and asked for a full refund or replacement car as in my opinion the car isnt fit for the purpose they state . He said he isnt willing to do this unless ansmann will replace the car for him . so i rang ansmann this morning and they said they arnt willing to do that as the car has been misused when i asked what do you mean misused he said the left tyre is goin bald and there are a few maks underneath the chassis, what do they expect its been on tarmac and loose gravel so there are gona be marks on it .So it now looks like i have a fight on my hands to get this car replaced or money back . Anyway what i,m trying to say is DONT buy a ansmann the quility is awful and the company dont want to know once you have parted with your money they arnt intrested . I,ve spoken to trading standards this morning and i,m going to take there advice and see were i get i,ll leep you posted on how i get on

Welcome to the Forum Ian.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems like that, Ansmann customer service is usually spot on as well from my dealings with them, I do agree that their products do seem to be slightly weaker than standard however there are methods to sort this. I know that the Kryptonite is based on the Losi 8t, it might be worth buying a used Losi 8t diff off of ebay and sorting out the rear Diff. I know with a new model you shouldn't have to be doing that but with the older models like the Ansmann Virus I know a number of people that changed the diffs in it for the diffs in a Hyper 7 as they experienced the same problems with the Diffs.

I say count yourself lucky - my carson gas devil was only with me for 1 week out of the first 2 months. :lol:

I understand your frustration, but it's often a part of the hobby to 'harden' a model from new. As stock some models are never intended to meet a rough surface or a slight hill, so there's lists of things you should straighten out before giving it some bashing. I've never got a new car without a diff rebuild being done within a couple of weeks.

Welcome to the Forum Ian.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems like that, Ansmann customer service is usually spot on as well from my dealings with them, I do agree that their products do seem to be slightly weaker than standard however there are methods to sort this. I know that the Kryptonite is based on the Losi 8t, it might be worth buying a used Losi 8t diff off of ebay and sorting out the rear Diff. I know with a new model you shouldn't have to be doing that but with the older models like the Ansmann Virus I know a number of people that changed the diffs in it for the diffs in a Hyper 7 as they experienced the same problems with the Diffs.

+1!

same as cen blooming things a weeeeeeeeeak out and the parts well they almost seem to be gold dust i had some parts on order from 4 different companys 1 granted tuned up that week but the others were almost 2 months so ment no razzing about for me (gits grrrrr) if i were you mate go for traxxas or hi or hobao or somthing parts are easyier to get and they seem to be a lot more hard wearing.

good luck with your battle

Trading standards should definitely be able to point you in the correct direction for dealing with this.

By the sounds of it the shop doesn't really have a leg to stand on and have to repair it or if after a reasonable amount of attempts refund you.

Sounds very similar to a problem my mate was having with a Ansmann Vapour. The parts broke like they were made out of Toffee and it spent more time in the shop than it did running.

Needless to say he sold it and bought a Hyper, I would defo never touch another Ansmann again!

Sounds to me like a simple fix such as getting rid of the backlash in the ring and pinion gears would sort the problem out.

Cant see why the modelshop didnt think of this already?

Cheers for your help i was thinking of getting the losi diff for it to be honest but i,m not so sure the rest of the car is any good i,ve lost total faith in ansmann ,might just see what the outcome of this is once i,ve sorted it out with trading standards hopefully i can get my money back and buy a decent car .

Hi i,m new to this forum so hope i,ve posted this in the right place . I bought a ansmann kryptonite from speedy models in preston 4 weeks ago

I got one from a shop in Blackburn three weeks ago, they are called base systems, but in kit form. and just to let you know that i think it is an awesome truggy!! its as strong as my xray and so nimble!! i havent had a problem with ansmann as i also have their royal flash but as i upgraded it to brushless the spur dont last long :( they do recommend that you keep std motors in these btw ;) but dont let this little niggle put you off their stuff especially the kryptonite!!! if your local to blackburn pop into the shop as the guys there are really helpful!!

Hiya, I've recently got hold of an Ansmann Kryptonite - saw it on ebay - really good deal, nearly half the retail price.

Never tried nitro before, thought i'd have a go.... so far, not too impressed. I've spent more time trying to get the thing to work than actually playing with it. I had to send it back where I got it from coz there was a problem with the carb slider. Theres no break in procedure in the manual, nothing on what the factory settings are. I'm still trying to find out what the best type of glow plug to get is??! Probably doesnt help that i've got no experience with nitro.

I'm gonna stick with it though - i've ordered an xtm sure start as i killed my pullstart a week or so ago. i'm gonna get the hang of it, it looks to be a decent truggy when it works!

I think if I ever get another Nitro rc i'm gonna get it in kit form - this way i'll know every inch of it.

Good luck with trading standards!

You should phone up the J.V.S consumer show on BBC Three counties - bet they'd be able to help you out!!

Oh yeah, I had to respray the shell, I think it looks well ugly, and I hated the colours too.

Mines now matt black, with mesh where the windows were. looks awsome(ish)

Gonna rat it up some more soon (think mad max style)