• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rock crawler pictures.

TiM!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Went for a run out with 2 crawler rigs, i do prefer one over the other, one might be going but enough said on that, no video due to computer issues

They both look great. From previous comments I’m guessing it’s the Sca-1e that’s going?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

They both look great. From previous comments I’m guessing it’s the Sca-1e that’s going?

maybe not, having done a few small mods to the sca-1e more recently its performing a lot better than before, and i find myself liking it a lot more

6 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

maybe not, having done a few small mods to the sca-1e more recently its performing a lot better than before, and i find myself liking it a lot more

Interesting, do tell. Any particular mod that improved it the most? Or just a combination of small tweaks?

On 18/10/2021 at 15:47, Jack Reacher said:

Went for a run out with 2 crawler rigs, i do prefer one over the other, one might be going but enough said on that, no video due to computer issues

F-150.JPG

DC1.JPG

F-150 2.JPG

The blue one stands out with the rain drops on it.  What model is it

@turok007 its the Carisma scale SCA-1e Ford F-150, licensed 76 Ford shell, wanted it for ages, finally got one about 12 months back, hated it, but after tweaks it has become a nice rig, and has more potential, i was concerned about the 324mm W/B and over hang but its cool, i think it needs a better ESC, stock does not have the really fine control

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/10/2021 at 18:23, Jack Reacher said:

@turok007 its the Carisma scale SCA-1e Ford F-150, licensed 76 Ford shell, wanted it for ages, finally got one about 12 months back, hated it, but after tweaks it has become a nice rig, and has more potential, i was concerned about the 324mm W/B and over hang but its cool, i think it needs a better ESC, stock does not have the really fine control

I'll be putting either a 1060 or 1080 in my SCA-1E kit when I get round to building it (Possibly in time for the April SST event). Already got a 550 35t motor for it.

12 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

@chewbaccanot probably, definitely.

@Stormbringer

I've been running a 1060 in my SCX10 D90 for years with no great need for anymore features. I only put a 1080 in my Mauler for the extra power to turn 2 servos. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chewbacca said:

@Stormbringer

I've been running a 1060 in my SCX10 D90 for years with no great need for anymore features. I only put a 1080 in my Mauler for the extra power to turn 2 servos. 

Fair enough, I may have been a tad over enthusiastic. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 23:05, Fat Freddy said:

Fair enough, I may have been a tad over enthusiastic. 

Don't get me wrong, the 1080 is the prime crawler ESC and definitely the one to get if funds allow. But for the budget limited (like me) the 1060 is the only logical choice. 

• Like 2