• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Its here!

Spoonmeister

:yahoo: :yahoo: :harhar::rc_car::003:

I woke up this morning, came downstairs and say a HUGE E-Revo sized cardboard box with my name on it :D

My Dad said I couldn't open it until I'd had breakfast, got dressed and done the washing up :rolleyes: but all that got done pretty quickly :D

Anyways, here's some piccies:

TheBox.jpg

Ontopofbox2.jpg

Ontopofbox1.jpg

Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

Chunky driveshafts as standard:

Driveshaft1.jpg

Compared to a pencil:

Driveshaftthickness.jpg

Edited by Spoonmeister

Looks great dude,I can smell a duel brushless conversion coming in the future.... :)

I wish I could.

I don't have a job (yet), should get one tho.

Hey hey - wish i could find one of those when i went downstairs in the morning!! :lol:

That looks the dogs dangles :good:

What sorta run times do you expect to get out of it?

You could -

I ran it through both sets of packs and I can say its pretty damn quick in the dry and immense fun in the wet - reverse 180's on demand :D

Should be taking it to a local BMX track tomorrow with a mates Savage (which was EASILY outdragged both times today by myself).

If anyone lives in Cheadle and wants to meet up we should be going to Bruntwood Park tomorrow :good:

I'll try & get a vid made too :)

Looks Awesome dude..

I have an E-Maxx whitch uses identical components, and it truely is a mighty beast to be reckoned with..

The E-Revo is Beutifull!! and id imagine handles like a dream too!!

Just one word of warning, i dont know if the new instructions mention this, but never EVER turn it off at the ESC!!

Always disconnect the batterys to turn it off, Turning it off with the button on the EVX2 can, and will damage it..

Mine went up in smoke on the second run, i was charged for a new one, and there was no addendum to the instructions in the box despite what traxxass say..

That looks very nice mate :good: .I have just got back from 2 weeks of racing my new e-maxx around on holidays and need to get myself some 4600 8.4volts battereis and then it should realy fly :D .I have been turning mine off at the esc and so far its been ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came with the whole motor and gearbox assembly loose.

Grab your motors and try and rock them fore and aft and if the assembly is moving get the 4 mounting bolts on the underside tightened up.

Might be a bit late sharing this info now as you had yours a while

Edited by Ash1984

Hmmm needs some dirty danglers! :)

Anyway :lol:

Does it take lipo's? :)

Or do you need a new ESC for that?

And Dual MM? (not going to have another Traxxas' brushless setup - tooo crap)

How well does it swim? :P (goes to local swimming pool rofl

Ziggy

Mine came with the whole motor and gearbox assembly loose.

Grab your motors and try and rock them fore and aft and if the assembly is moving get the 4 mounting bolts on the underside tightened up.

Might be a bit late sharing this info now as you had yours a while

One of the motors came loose on mine after jumping it but fortunately I was outside my house. Tightened it up and off I went :D

Does it take lipo's? :)

Or do you need a new ESC for that?

And Dual MM? (not going to have another Traxxas' brushless setup - tooo crap)

How well does it swim? :P (goes to local swimming pool rofl

Ziggy

Built to take lipo's but you need cut-offs :good:

These look very nice, are they quite quick too?

Also how strong are these because if i cant get a petrol i might get one

The only weak point (I've found) is the driveshaft to the rear, altho that was probly me reversing and flooring it to make it wheelie. I know, I know, I should be shot :P:rolleyes:

One of the motors came loose on mine after jumping it but fortunately I was outside my house. Tightened it up and off I went :D

Built to take lipo's but you need cut-offs :good:

The only weak point (I've found) is the driveshaft to the rear, altho that was probly me reversing and flooring it to make it wheelie. I know, I know, I should be shot :P:rolleyes:

Ok, how quik are they stock on tarmac?

Pretty quick - the acceleration is awesome and the grip is immense.

They haven't got a massive top speed (30mph with a 7 cell pack) but they're fine for blasting up and down and the breaks are unbelievable.

I have a pretty small ramp and I reckon that, if I get it right, I might get a double front flip in, front flips are pips :D

Pretty quick - the acceleration is awesome and the grip is immense.

They haven't got a massive top speed (30mph with a 7 cell pack) but they're fine for blasting up and down and the breaks are unbelievable.

I have a pretty small ramp and I reckon that, if I get it right, I might get a double front flip in, front flips are pips :D

Sounds great! I always thought font flips are harder the back flips lol is there anything i should order with mine if i get one?

Sounds great! I always thought font flips are harder the back flips lol is there anything i should order with mine if i get one?

7 Cell battery packs and lots of them!

Look on eBay under Vapextech and choose whatever you can afford, the 3300mah packs are the best value and the 4300 and 4600 mAh packs can dump more amps than the packs under 4000mAh so you will see better acceleration, maybe even a touch more top speed, but cost more.

Also you'll need a charger and 8 AA batteries to get going but You've probably already got these.

7 Cell battery packs and lots of them!

Look on eBay under Vapextech and choose whatever you can afford, the 3300mah packs are the best value and the 4300 and 4600 mAh packs can dump more amps than the packs under 4000mAh so you will see better acceleration, maybe even a touch more top speed, but cost more.

Also you'll need a charger and 8 AA batteries to get going but You've probably already got these.

Ok thanks, what will the charger be for? The battery packs? Also even if i go brushless can you still use these battery packs?

Ok thanks, what will the charger be for? The battery packs? Also even if i go brushless can you still use these battery packs?

Yea you'll need a charger for your battery packs unless you have one already, make sure it can handle 7 cell packs, some older ones and cheaper ones will only charge 6 cell packs.

If you go brushless you should be alright using 7 cell nimh packs its more you will have to change the ESC to handle a brushless motor I think for example the Novak Brushless ESC's will handle Nimh packs as well as Lipo battery packs while running your brushless motor.

You may want to look up Kershaw designs on google and have a look at the brushed motor upgrades they offer, cheaper than brushless and still keeps the water resistant design. Some of their motors take the e-revo over 40mph and you can still run the standard Traxxas EVX-2 ESC