• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

No pictures of mine, but my favourite one I owned was the Raleigh Dynatech Pro, had full suntour XC Pro group set and the flouro yellow Girvin Flex-Stem, loved it.

(Not my picture).

Still have my Rock Lobster Team Tig Sl with full Xtr group and a Carbon Scott Scale 610 (carbon frame/wheels/seat post/seat, with full XTR 9000 and rocks Shox Sid RCT3)

A0B9166A-CDA4-47B4-A68E-D628586C7420.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

That’s a decent collection!! Love the Porsche. I wouldn’t be able to resist using them. 

Nothing to do with resisting as such. Id gladly use them all. They are toys, to be used. I simply dont have time. In all honesty, I only need one RC, I bet Im actually “out” with it once maybe twice  a month. 

But this is my hobby, for the best part of 25 years.  I enjoy the forums, I enjoy owning and working on RC cars. Ive tried other hobbies, and I always miss RC. I could spend what I spend on RCs on something else (probably a 1:1 car to run along side my van) but when ever I sell up, I still find myself missing RC. However I think a lot of this is due to forums, and it worries me a bit that they seem a lot quieter (especially the Traxxas forums) this is still very active although I think the “react” element creeping into forums is killing them 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

this is still very active although I think the “react” element creeping into forums is killing them

What do you mean?

Gotta say I'm really sad that a lot of the community of "forum" traffic has moved to Facebook, which I personally find loathsome and soul sucking. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I agree i despise Facebook groups, but I also dont like how forums now have “likes” on post. In my opinion its turning them into facebook. I can see that it may cut down on unnecessary posts, but I just think it just kills discussion. You just see a few notifications, go to view then and its just “x has reacted to the post” and thats it the end of discussion. Theres nothing new been brought to convo and it just ends. Its completely destroyed the Traxxas forum in my opinion. This ones still very active, but I just think the reactions turn forums into social media

I have to agree that forums are suffering a decline and that is a shame even the big ones like RCgroups seem to have less traffic

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I have to agree that forums are suffering a decline and that is a shame even the big ones like RCgroups seem to have less traffic

RCgroups is a proper strange one, feels like each thread is its own little island.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

RCgroups is a proper strange one, feels like each thread is its own little island.

Yeah, I just had a peak. Not impressed. The grass ain’t greener over there! 

Who knew soldering was so technical… 🤷🏼‍♂️

solder WITH lead in it and some tip tinner, whatever that is 🤣

image.jpg

• Like 1

Few bits to pimp up the carnage…

Chassis, top plate and battery holder. Also a waterproof receiver box for the hyper vse straight from China!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Few bits to pimp up the carnage…

Chassis, top plate and battery holder.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Any idea how you actually keep the battery in place with the carbon chassis - and indeed the alloy one - as the original plastic chassis has a battery tray moulded in?

55 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Any idea how you actually keep the battery in place with the carbon chassis - and indeed the alloy one - as the original plastic chassis has a battery tray moulded in?

There are 4 alloy posts attached to the new chassis which stop the battery moving left and right. I’ve taken the posts from the original chassis and attached them to the pre drilled points on the new chassis. The battery holder plate clips in same as before now. Will post a pic once done to show you!

34 minutes ago, Hugoagogo said:

Some R1 goodies. 

16256531067871758271122.jpg

Have you got a link for the drive shafts  as i had to give up searching  as couldn't decide on what ones to get.

2 minutes ago, Hugoagogo said:

I got them from our friend Align-Trex on eBay, they had another 20% off offer at the time, Junfac J90026.

👍

40 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Here comes trouble…

2A1CCE94-A754-441E-B3E4-298AF4AF3F95.jpeg

What’s going on here then?!