• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

A box packed full of electrics for my ecto lego set  which has turned into a Christmas present now  so no touchy for now.   Also some big bottles of epoxy  i had something planned for it  but changed my mind after i ordered them.

IMG_20201214_143831.jpg

IMG_20201214_143851.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Postie brought a couple of light bulbs for wifes sewing machine

And a very large box for me, i did hint at some new trucks arriving, so today i got this black beauty, this is the famous Tamiya Bruiser in all but name so its the HGP407, the Jury seems happy that it basically is a bruiser but with out the huge price tag, this was in my cart on flash deal at £154, but decided not to get it, then the offer changed to a very short flash deal of £118 plus a couple of quid shipping...........it would of been plain rude not to jump at it for this low price.

All works and zero shipping damage, the 3 speed shifts pretty smooth, and it                 just looks plain awesome

DSCN0320.JPG

DSCN0321.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

DSCN0323.JPG

DSCN0324.JPG

DSCN0325.JPG

DSCN0326.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

DSCN0328.JPG

I was so close to getting one of theses.  I was hoping to get the kit version  but even the kit is mostly built.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fuzzock said:

I had forgotten that I had even ordered this!

image.png.998f66a89e74159ac42637b60cc9fd8e.png

The unevenness makes me twitch though, but hopefully it will still do its job and then be hidden out of eyesight!

Ian...

Snap. Have you used it yet? It doesn't hold bullets particularly well, haven't tried it with an xt60/90 yet

IMG20201211115915

• Like 2

9 hours ago, turok007 said:

I see a big Clive review of this and it seems excellent for the price.  My last one cost about £20 and was not worth 1P

IMG_20201215_134755.jpg

Been after a caliper for a while now but been hesitating to actually choose one... Sooo many of the "budget" or "cheap" ones get hit and miss reviews but I cannot justify the big money for branded ones when it's for hobby use (not just R/C stuff)

10 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Oh my god its arrived, i am so excited about this, had it on pre order a while, and might start the build in a minute.............postie brought my Tamiya Blackfoot kit and a 13kg MG servo, i guess its only an ancient design tamiya but wanted one for a long time, i know they suffer diff problems if driven hard but it will only be used for fairly gentle trail driving, and once built it will evolve a bit, things like LED lights and stuff, but main thing is to get on a build it

BF and servo.JPG

Such an iconic truck, make sure you do a build thread😀

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Oh my god its arrived, i am so excited about this, had it on pre order a while, and might start the build in a minute.............postie brought my Tamiya Blackfoot kit and a 13kg MG servo, i guess its only an ancient design tamiya but wanted one for a long time, i know they suffer diff problems if driven hard but it will only be used for fairly gentle trail driving, and once built it will evolve a bit, things like LED lights and stuff, but main thing is to get on a build it

BF and servo.JPG

Man I remember wanting one of them as a child as I was bashing around with my Thundershot!

Enjoy the build!

Ian...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Snap. Have you used it yet? It doesn't hold bullets particularly well, haven't tried it with an xt60/90 yet

IMG20201211115915

Ah not just mine that is odd then!!!

I am waiting to get a new soldering iron as one of my Christmas gifts before I can truely test it out but i am not so sure yet! Once Christmas is over I can then also start spoiling myself for the electronics I need for my projects. 😘

Ian...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mch87 said:

Been after a caliper for a while now but been hesitating to actually choose one... Sooo many of the "budget" or "cheap" ones get hit and miss reviews but I cannot justify the big money for branded ones when it's for hobby use (not just R/C stuff)

Give big Clive's video a watch .  Then make a decision

• Like 1